PDA

View Full Version : sexing question

Palue
06-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Have a question about sexing a pair. Can you tell me which fish has the longer breeding tube when they are laying eggs??

I seem to miss it everytime and the eggs are layed and then they both keep going up them but one definatley has a longer breeding tube.

:angel:

Eddie
06-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Have a question about sexing a pair. Can you tell me which fish has the longer breeding tube when they are laying eggs??

I seem to miss it everytime and the eggs are layed and then they both keep going up them but one definatley has a longer breeding tube.

I'm not sure about longer but have read that the males is more narrow. ;)

Eddie

Palue
06-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks Eddie,

I will have to make sure that I sit and watch these fish the next time they get ready to spawn, I anow thinking that maybe the Blue Turq might be the female and the Cobalt Blue, and the two Pigeonbloods are all males.

The Turq and the Cobalt are now an item.

I should write a book about this tank, always interesting and as I sit here and email this the two pigeonbloods are having words.

I am sure soon enough I will find out what I will be left with in this tank.

Eddie
06-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks Eddie,

I will have to make sure that I sit and watch these fish the next time they get ready to spawn, I anow thinking that maybe the Blue Turq might be the female and the Cobalt Blue, and the two Pigeonbloods are all males.

The Turq and the Cobalt are now an item.

I should write a book about this tank, always interesting and as I sit here and email this the two pigeonbloods are having words.

I am sure soon enough I will find out what I will be left with in this tank.

If you take picture of the fish, I can try to make a guess. If you can get a side picture so that vent area can be seen.

Take care,

Eddie