PDA

View Full Version : Tank background

discolove
06-15-2009, 08:16 PM
So where can one find decent backgrounds for their tanks? My 55g is mainly just driftwood and some plants. Im looking for a natural looking background and I can not seem to find anything decent. The ones I did find that I liked were very expensive. Any suggestions on where to look?

Justice
06-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Discus-Hans has a couple Backgrounds listed for sale that you may be interested in. CLICK HERE! (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=71771)

Apistomaster
06-16-2009, 11:30 AM
I have a friend in the Netherlands that builds his own diorama type backgrounds using wood frames. This requires some creativity but the effect is very nice. It adds a lot of depth by illusion to a planted aquarium and an infinite choice of designs.

Closer to home, my best friend has a fetish for attaching mirrors to the backs of all his tanks that drives me mad and his Discus. He just like that illusion but his Discus don't. Especially the breeding pair.
I just paint mine a non-gaudy slate blue and call it good.

blue acara
06-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Personally I just paint the back of the tank black or blue, black for planted tanks. Its cheap and it draws your eye to whats actually in the tank and takes no space. Having said that here are some reasonably priced polystyrene 3D backgrounds at my local fish shop that look decent and Im betting ebay has a few. Algae and general crap build up is my only issue with these as it hard to remove

gsander
06-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Dr. fosters and Smith now carry several styles to choose from. I stumbled across them one evening while browsing their website.