PDA

View Full Version : eggs!

pinkjello
06-17-2009, 12:47 AM
My evening:

i was soooo excited to see my favorite girl laying eggs tonight on the spawning cone. I sat for hours watching, took some video, had my mom watch, my daughter..we were all clapping (i know silly)..and jumping up and down (sillier).:D...and then realized i had to go and do stuff..i decided to take a look a little while later and there ya go..shes in the process of eating them all! lol..

its her first time and i have read that they sometimes dont know what to do..but how sad :p i was so excited!

discus.hunter
06-17-2009, 01:00 AM
maybe the pair is still young and they need to get some experience to get it right, congratulations for your new formed pair

mmorris
06-17-2009, 08:55 AM
I know the feeling! Was there a male involved? :D It would be great to see pics.

pinkjello
06-17-2009, 12:21 PM
So all the eggs have been eaten. If I am able to Ill post the video tonight. I have never downloaded video, so if you dont see anything until next week..thats why. :p

I have 3 in the tank, 2 female and 1 male. The one female i moved into another discus tank because she was eating as the other female was laying..you could tell the mom and dad were getting really mad so i really thought this was it..

anyways, video to come...