PDA

View Full Version : Another possible pair ?

diamond_discus
06-22-2009, 01:57 AM
During this past weekend, I did some fish re-shuffle .. I used to have two main tanks : One for blue/dotted fish, another one for red/orange fish. I decided to put the bigger one together in one tank and the smaller one at the other. Hopefully that the smaller fishes would be able to grow faster.

Well, after a couple day of big WC, I saw two of the bigger discus getting together. They were both shaking their bodies .. and starring at the back glass of the tank .. They couldn't conquer the breeding cone because my other brilliant blue pair are owning that portion of the tank territory.

The female is a proven snakeskin which I raised her since she is quarter size.
The other one is not a confirmed male yet .. and I raise this fish since 1.5"....

Does anyone one know what this red fish is ? red melon ? rgd ? or just solid red fish ? I have no idea.

If indeed they are a pair, what kind of fry would they have ? I don't want any frys with lots of pepper .. Would I be wasting my time with this possible pair ?

Here're a few photos

jaykne
06-22-2009, 02:52 AM
Sorry can't ansewer any of your questions just wanted to say I love that red fish, would love to have one like that. Larry

Eddie
06-22-2009, 03:12 AM
Nice SS. I think the red fish looks like a red melon. I don't know what they would throw either. Maybe some experts can chime in.

All the best,

Eddie

Mr Wild
06-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Can't tell you either but they are beautiful!

mmorris
06-22-2009, 11:17 AM
They are lovely fish but I wouldn't bother with breeding them. If it is a melon then I would expect the fry to be heavily peppered. I can't guess on more than that though.