PDA

View Full Version : Week 5

fishyj
06-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Hi all, sorry about the delay in my update but I wanted to wait until I moved them into the 125 where they will remain for the challenge. They have been eating well and really have not had any issues with them. I did have a problem with the a water change earlier this week. I have a storage bin that is 40 gallons and is heated and aerated. Normally I have no problem with the temp being at 86 deg. I also check before adding to the tank. This time I didn't and I drained the 45 down and added the aged water and started working on another tank when I realized the temp of the water was 78 deg. Panic set in as I had to add warm tap water after taking some back out and adding prime. I was able to bring the water back up to temp and everything turned out ok. The only good part was the fish recovered fine. Needless to say I will now always double check before adding again. This week I will be ordering my beef heart and making a beef heart and seafood mix which I will use from now on.

Eddie
06-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi all, sorry about the delay in my update but I wanted to wait until I moved them into the 125 where they will remain for the challenge. They have been eating well and really have not had any issues with them. I did have a problem with the a water change earlier this week. I have a storage bin that is 40 gallons and is heated and aerated. Normally I have no problem with the temp being at 86 deg. I also check before adding to the tank. This time I didn't and I drained the 45 down and added the aged water and started working on another tank when I realized the temp of the water was 78 deg. Panic set in as I had to add warm tap water after taking some back out and adding prime. I was able to bring the water back up to temp and everything turned out ok. The only good part was the fish recovered fine. Needless to say I will now always double check before adding again. This week I will be ordering my beef heart and making a beef heart and seafood mix which I will use from now on.

Hey Jim, glad they are doing well, they look GREAT! Keep up the good work.

Take care,

Eddie

wgtaylor
06-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Hey Jim, they look great. They will be happy with some good fresh beefheart mix, not much better to put that size on them. :)
Waiting to see how they like the big tank, shouldn't have to move them again now.
Great job.

Bill

Armandi_Fishcarer
06-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Jim, great work bro. moving them now rather then later, loaded with food & consistant w/c's would/should produce some big gunners. Your doing a brilliant job, keep it up! :D

Regards
Ahmed ;)

Kenny's Discus
07-06-2009, 06:36 AM
Jim,

Nice work and don't beat yourself re the cold temp WC...we all make unintentional mistakes sometimes. They will/have already recovered from it shortly. They will also love your BH/seafood mix I'm sure. Keep up the good work Jim I can't wait to see them in another month!:)

Kenny

MRQuad
07-07-2009, 10:44 PM
nice fish! good job!

Chad Hughes
07-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Jim,

Looking great my friend! Keep up the good fight!

Best wishes!

acroken
07-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Jim,
They will love the added space of the 125. Good looking discus. You are right on track with the tank change, BH/seafood mix and water change. Great job with them.

Kenny