PDA

View Full Version : Magic trick?

dvc_r
06-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi all, I just want to first say thank you, you all have fantastic advice and info regarding this hobby! I've been surfing the web for about eight months (since I started my Discus tank) and find this to be the most informative site yet.

I purchased two Discus Jan 26th 2009, one was a blue turq, the other a blue snakeskin. If you see my profile, I have a picture of them for my album cover.
I've had them for six months, they have grown from about 3.5" to about 5".
There hackle lines pretty much disappeared in the first month and they both have turned into this brilliant electric blue color! They are absolutely beautiful but now I can't tell them apart! How can they be so different as juvies and exactly the same a few months later? Is it Magic?

Rick S
06-29-2009, 09:49 PM
I believe the snakeskin is the one on the right.

dvc_r
07-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Before and After

Discus-n00b
07-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Before, Snakeskin on the right Turq/Cobalt...whatever it is (Looks more like a cobalt to me though) on the left.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/picture.php?albumid=64&pictureid=544

I guess this is after? I'd say thats the Snakeskin on the Left in this one. See how you can see some striations and patterns on its face and fill plates? Also it looks like the pattern on its Dorsal fin is a much more finer pattern.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/picture.php?albumid=64&pictureid=601

Heres another picture, this is your Snakeskin. See how fine the pattern is? Its not in larger smoother striations
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/picture.php?albumid=64&pictureid=594

I'd be inclined to classify these two discus as a Cobalt (Turq) and a Blue Scorpion (Snakeskin)

dvc_r
07-16-2009, 11:32 PM
I tend to agree with you.
I've been working with this LFS about 30 miles from my house. He seems to know what he's taking about, at least I thought he did. I wish I knew of this web site before. I would have loved to get some from some of the sponsors!

Maybe I can convince my wife...
...nah... I doubt it!

Discus-n00b
07-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I've been working with this LFS about 30 miles from my house. He seems to know what he's taking about, at least I thought he did. I wish I knew of this web site before. I would have loved to get some from some of the sponsors!

...nah... I doubt it!

Sure you can! ;) Tempt her with the pretty colors. Theres always next time!

rickztahone
07-17-2009, 02:31 AM

...nah... I doubt it!

just do what Eddie does...buy her some Victoria's Secret ;)

mmorris
07-17-2009, 09:00 AM

...nah... I doubt it!

Someone came to buy juvies from me once and his wife came along. Guess who picked them out? Every single one of them. He had no say in the matter at all. Cracked me up.

target
07-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Someone came to buy juvies from me once and his wife came along. Guess who picked them out? Every single one of them. He had no say in the matter at all. Cracked me up.

Yeah, that was one of the ways I got my wife into discus. Showed her all the colours and let her pick her favorites. Worked like a charm.

DLock3d
07-17-2009, 12:26 PM

...nah... I doubt it!

55 Gallon tank with 6 Juveniles should do you great. Any of the sponsors on here are great but I'd try to get some Wayne NG fish from Dan. Wayne fish are kinda like the Cadillac of discus. They come with certificates of authenticity and everything. HOORAY for our sponsors!

dvc_r
07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
You guys are FUNNY! My wife wants to know why I'm in my office, laughing so hard. I had to quickly minimize the window!

Now we're going out to eat (I'm taking her to dinner and would you believe, it's only a block from the LFS!)

Thanks for the support
Jim

Eddie
07-17-2009, 07:21 PM
You guys are FUNNY! My wife wants to know why I'm in my office, laughing so hard. I had to quickly minimize the window!

Now we're going out to eat (I'm taking her to dinner and would you believe, it's only a block from the LFS!)

Thanks for the support
Jim

Hey Jim, you can wine her and dine her, to get discus too! ;)

Eddie

dvc_r
07-17-2009, 09:45 PM
wine her and dine her
...and waste my hard earned money, when I could be using it for fish?!

mmorris
07-17-2009, 09:46 PM

Thanks for the support
Jim

Ya, I love it when men wine me, dine me, and then take me to the lfs. :crazy:

Eddie
07-17-2009, 10:04 PM
...and waste my hard earned money, when I could be using it for fish?!

Hey, you give a little to get a little and give ALOT to get ALOT! ;)

Ya, I love it when men wine me, dine me, and then take me to the lfs. :crazy:

Sounds like my kind of lady! :D

Take care,

Eddie

lpiasente
07-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Cheeky scammmmmmers:D

GrillMaster
07-18-2009, 11:16 PM
I love it when men wine me, dine me, and then take me to the lfs.

What Eddie meant to say is... Take her to the LFS first just cause ya have to check on something. Then wine an dine her and talk about what fish she liked! ;)

If she didn't like any of em, drop her off an tell her you'll call...;) :D :D

Eddie
07-18-2009, 11:18 PM
What Eddie meant to say is... Take her to the LFS first just cause ya have to check on something. Then wine an dine her and talk about what fish she liked! ;)

If she didn't like any of em, drop her off an tell her you'll call...;) :D :D

LOL, thats a good one Mark, good call!

Eddie

Scribbles
07-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Ha Ha Ha You guys have got it all wrong. Clean the house do the laundry buy me chocolates and I wont care what you buy.:D

Chris

mmorris
07-19-2009, 10:04 AM
LOL I'm with Mark. :D