PDA

View Full Version : Sick leopard

mcsinny99
06-30-2009, 02:44 AM
Ok here's what's happening...

This fish was moved to a planted tank for around 2 months, paired with another, laid eggs, and tried to raise them which of course is futile in a planted tank situation with a good clean-up crew.
Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I noticed the leopard loosing color quality and when I noticed one of her eyes got "cloudy" I pulled the fish. At the moment none of the fish in the planted tank show any issues, and I have removed the female leopard to 20 gallon QT.
For 5 days I went with metro (thinking bacteria) and no improvement. Temp is 86 water is changed daily before meds, and now I added piprazine figuring metro treats for about 8 hrs and last treatment was about 9 hrs ago. I did notice 2 little white spots by the gills, and it seems the fish is not that hungry. I do have fenbendozole I got my vet to give me to kill planaria but have not tried it.

Here are the pics...

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq20/mcsinny99/021-1.jpg

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq20/mcsinny99/023-2.jpg

I hate to loose this fish, beyond the fact of how good lookin' she was, she tried to raise wrigglers in the planted.
LMK, thanks ahead of time.

Eddie
06-30-2009, 04:03 AM
If this is fact a bacterial infection, metro is not the med of choice. Also from the sounds of it, does not sound severe at all. I can't see the pictures from work. I would keep the temp low, around 82F, add air and salt. Keeping the tank super clean.

Eddie

mcsinny99
06-30-2009, 04:52 AM
You can't see that well because my pics are sucky. It has some white spots on the gills and one side has hazy eyeball. The thing is fins are clamped now. And the fish is not eating right. One more thing, seems to have colot fade and some scales seem to be popping up, not much, but its there.
I will try changing water, but I do that daily any way.

Eddie
06-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Well if it does boil down to bacterial, I had some good success with Furanase on my first break down. I think that stuff is the BOMB! Highly recommend it in the event it is required.

Eddie