PDA

View Full Version : Finnaly got myself some new Stendker's

H&K.45
07-04-2009, 02:03 AM
So I have been lurking since this past jan, started building my setup in March, and today I finnaly took the dive and purchaced 2 blue diamonds 2 cobalts and 1 red scribbelt today From my local autherized Stendker dealer for my 90g. All of them are about 5" fish and right now their only tank mates are 5 coreys, and 2 BN's. I had some female bettas in there for the longest time but everyone said yank them so i did, (this for behavior or disease? just curious) and i have a (5) quarter sized Black D/D veil angels in the process of being treated/qt in a 30g tank atm to add to the mix after treatment/qt. The new discus lost quite a bit of color and after aclamation were quite skittish and hideing a lot, which scared the hell out of me but after about 4 hrs the color started to return, they started exploring and are now eating like little pigs (whew) and even acting a bit fistey. I will try to get some pics up on the 5th if i can nab a few dicent snap shots of them. I would have waited but im so stoked i wanted to tell SD b/c not many people i know are very interested in fish :(

Justice
07-04-2009, 02:12 AM
:balloon: Congradulations on taking the plunge, It sounds like you are off to a good start. I look forward to seeing your Discus :)

lpiasente
07-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Not to sure about the bettas. I have found them not to bother the discus but the food and the amount discus are fed seem to be a problem to them as bettas are the biggest pigs. Oh and any pics?

Mr Wild
07-04-2009, 06:05 AM
So happy for you, well we are all interested in fish! So post those pics asap.LOL

Oh and welcome to the wonderful world of discus and of course SD!

Scribbles
07-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like you are off to a good start with some great stock. After a few days your new discus will settle in. Looking forward to the pictures.

Chris

poconogal
07-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Congratulations! I'd love to see pics of your Stendkers! :)

mmorris
07-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Congratulations! I'd love to see pics of your Stendkers! :)

So would I. :)