PDA

View Full Version : Stopping eggs getting fungus?

neilh
07-08-2009, 04:24 AM
I have 4 browns and 2 Tiger SS from Forrest in a tall 4ft and it should be renamed the love tank! In under a week two pairs have laid eggs, in both cases both parents guard and fan the eggs non stop, only to have the eggs eaten 2 days later due to a fungal infection.

Should I treat anything when eggs are laid? Or just continue with water changes and what happens happens? I have also read that it takes quite a few tries before they get things right, could it be that the eggs are unfertilised?

mmorris
07-08-2009, 07:32 PM
I have also read that it takes quite a few tries before they get things right, could it be that the eggs are unfertilised?

You're probably right, if they just started laying. I recommend you get pairs in their own tanks, because as it is, it doesn't really matter much if the eggs hatch or not. It's highly unlikely the fry will survive. That said, many people use malachite blue or acriflavin but I don't bother. I don't see a difference.

Eddie
07-08-2009, 10:27 PM
You're probably right, if they just started laying. I recommend you get pairs in their own tanks, because as it is, it doesn't really matter much if the eggs hatch or not. It's highly unlikely the fry will survive. That said, many people use malachite blue or acriflavin but I don't bother. I don't see a difference.

Are you referring to Methylene Blue Martha? :o

Eddie

mmorris
07-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Are you referring to Methylene Blue Martha? :o

Eddie

:D