PDA

View Full Version : Will The Stunted One Ever Catch Up?

Misty
07-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Hello all, I'm back. I still have 5/6 juvi PBs. It's been 2 months and I've got my lil babies on a varied diet of frozen beef heart, mysis shrimp, bloodworms, pellets (with earthworms and garlic, supposedly), and flake food. They're in a 55g changed 3x/wk.
Some are growing at different rates. One is way larger than the others, and shows alpha sort of behavior, while a few are growing at the same slower pace, and another is maybe slighly larger than when I first got it. It's scrawny, always darkened and haggard, and the eyes are too big, like I've found described in the forums here. I thought it was sick since the beginning, but it does everything normally, just maybe a runt or late bloomer?
So tell me, is there such thing as a late bloomer, or do the stunted stay stunted, will it grow at all?
Thank you!:antlers:

Eddie
07-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Most of the time, a stunted fish will usually stay stunted. It really depends on the tank environment. If the stunt is moved to a different tank with...lets say, smaller fish. There is a chance that he may grow a little more. There really won't be anything significant, depending on how far behind it is. Age is a depending factor. After 9 months, growing really slows down. :o

HTH
Eddie

dwilder
07-08-2009, 10:55 PM
if its more of a runt than stunted it can grow more i had one that was barely 3 in sl at 9 months but his eyes were not that big now at 2 years he is just under 5 in sl no monster but still a nice looking fish