PDA

View Full Version : should i do anything?

mugzy213
07-14-2009, 11:50 PM
I have one fish that has like 2 white fuzzy spots on the side of his body. should I just give him a salt bath? or a med? or will it just fall off in time?

Hal

Eddie
07-15-2009, 12:33 AM
I have one fish that has like 2 white fuzzy spots on the side of his body. should I just give him a salt bath? or a med? or will it just fall off in time?

Hal

Hey Hal, different fish or the same from your massages? You could give him a salt dip. Just make sure you do a good main tank clean before putting him back. After the salt dip, he will stripped. Any others having issues or just him?

Eddie

mugzy213
07-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey Hal, different fish or the same from your massages? You could give him a salt dip. Just make sure you do a good main tank clean before putting him back. After the salt dip, he will stripped. Any others having issues or just him?

Eddie

Hey Eddie,:)

Yeah it is a different fish..only one fish

Eddie
07-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey Hal, whats in tank as far as tank mates?

If you do decide to do a salt dip, i'd probably go ahead and add a bit of acriflavine to the main tank before putting him back. ;)

Take care buddy,

Eddie

mugzy213
07-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey Hal, whats in tank as far as tank mates?

If you do decide to do a salt dip, i'd probably go ahead and add a bit of acriflavine to the main tank before putting him back. ;)

Take care buddy,

Eddie

Hey eddie,

I have 7 discus in the main tank. no other tank mates.

The acriflavine should i dose the whole tank with kordans acriflavine? also how long should i dose?

Hal

thanks

Eddie
07-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Yup Hal, just follow the directions on the bottle. I'd go with the tsp per 10 gallons instead of the tsp per 5 gallons. This will give you 5ppm. Just keep the steady 5 ppm in the tank for 3-5 days depending on the removal of the fungus/spots. If you change any water, just add back what you removed.

Make sure to keep the tank lights off as Acriflavine is inactivated under strong lighting. ;)

Take care Hal and all the best,

Eddie

mugzy213
07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Yup Hal, just follow the directions on the bottle. I'd go with the tsp per 10 gallons instead of the tsp per 5 gallons. This will give you 5ppm. Just keep the steady 5 ppm in the tank for 3-5 days depending on the removal of the fungus/spots. If you change any water, just add back what you removed.

Make sure to keep the tank lights off as Acriflavine is inactivated under strong lighting. ;)

Take care Hal and all the best,

Eddie

do you know of another product of acriflavine that is more likely to find is a LFS? or is another online order:)?

another question is how these spots form? i change like 70 water change every day. If left alone will the spots get bigger?

thanks Eddie!

Eddie
07-15-2009, 09:35 PM
do you know of another product of acriflavine that is more likely to find is a LFS? or is another online order:)?

another question is how these spots form? i change like 70 water change every day. If left alone will the spots get bigger?

thanks Eddie!

Could be the bioload, build up of DOCs, left over food. Lots of different things can bring them about. If the fish is eating and doing well. It's best to handle it with something therapeutic which I feel acriflavine is good for. They could get larger. If you want to just add salt at a good concentration, that should knock out the fuzzy spots also.

Eddie