PDA

View Full Version : finally setup new 125

bettebulldog
07-18-2009, 06:57 PM
heres my new 125 all set up. needs to grow out a bit but im happy with it. cant wait to fill it with discus.

blkrob
07-18-2009, 08:29 PM
I think that's a great start and nice plant selection. I do think it would look a little better if your wood wasn't cut. That's just my opinion. Thanks for sharing and best of luck.:D
Robert

rickztahone
07-18-2009, 08:53 PM
I think that's a great start and nice plant selection. I do think it would look a little better if your wood wasn't cut. That's just my opinion. Thanks for sharing and best of luck.:D
Robert

agreed, the cut wood gives it a "not so natural" feel to it. also, i would be super paranoid about putting a plasma on top of my tank like that. aren't you worried about condensation? many have reported mold on walls from humidity and i can only imagine what that can do to any electrical apparatus.

bettebulldog
07-18-2009, 09:33 PM
condensation would be like visible water on your wall like a morning dew or something? I have never had any mold or condensation on any walls by my tanks. I have had lots of cob webs. The top of the tank is pretty tight. Only has a few small holes in it for filters and heaters. the wood was a piece bought at a store that had a slate bottom. the top there was the bottom so it was cut for the slate. I had it that side down in another tank and took the slate off and flipped it for this one. I liked it. its not like you ever stop putzing with things in this hobby.

rickztahone
07-18-2009, 09:37 PM
..its not like you ever stop putzing with things in this hobby.

very true