PDA

View Full Version : Week 8

fishyj
07-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Its been 8 weeks since I received these fish and happy to say they have been eating well and growing rapidly. They are now being fed beef heart / seafood mix, some blood worms and brine shrimp. Feedings are 5 times a day with treats in between. Since moving them into the 125 the aggression towards each other has been reduced to nothing. The only aggression in the tank is at feeding time. I clean the bottom daily taking out about 20 gallons of water and on the weekend they get a 95% water change. All the readings in the tank are still at zero. The tds is ranging from 165 when first put in, to by the end of the week around 190. I will keep this routine through the remainder of the challenge.

kirkp
07-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Jim,

It's obvious that what you're doing is working well. Fish look very nice.

Keep up the good work.
kirk

wgtaylor
07-19-2009, 12:37 PM
The tds is ranging from 165 when first put in, to by the end of the week around 190. I will keep this routine through the remainder of the challenge.

Hi Jim,
Are your tds readings from tap water changes, no ro or minerals? Looks like they stay pretty stable through the week with such a large tank.
I'm sure glad you got your discus in that large tank, will be good to see how much bigger they grow through the year with the extra room.
They look great. :)

Bill

calihawker
07-19-2009, 09:54 PM
They really look great Jim. Keep up the good work!

Scribbles
07-20-2009, 03:12 PM
They are looking great. I love the first picture with them all up front and begging. Keep up the good work.

Chris

Chad Hughes
07-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Jim,

Looking great my friend!

Best wishes!

acroken
07-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Jim,
Looking real good. Glad they are settling in with the new tank. Great job you are doing.

Kenny

fishyj
07-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi Jim,
Are your tds readings from tap water changes, no ro or minerals? Looks like they stay pretty stable through the week with such a large tank.
I'm sure glad you got your discus in that large tank, will be good to see how much bigger they grow through the year with the extra room.
They look great. :)

Bill

Bill, Its just tap water. I have been taking readings for 4 months now and it will change a little but not much. When I first had them in the 45, the reading would go over 200 daily so the tank received a 95% water change. In my 125, it really doesn't go up too much, but I do remove 20 gallons a day while cleaning.

Armandi_Fishcarer
07-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Jim, great range of mix your feeding their. Fish are looking marvelous :D the bigger tank there in now will help a great deal. Keep up the great job!

Regards
Ahmed ;)