PDA

View Full Version : hey out their, used metro seems to work.

Jason K.
07-20-2009, 07:33 PM
hey, thought i'd post, a few days ago i began to treat my tank with metro. a few of my fish began to show signs of flucs and one i am suspecting may be showing signs of hole in the head. i've been watching him for the last week and holes appear larger around the eyes and lateral lines. added 250ppm for every 10 gallons, and now on second dose. after the first day the fish began to have the white stringy poops, after the second day,began to look for food again, just feed again and all are eating. my question is with the hole in the head. how long might it take to see signs of recovery?

Mr Wild
07-21-2009, 08:17 AM
I treat for 12 days, once a day with metro even if they are eating. It is too much like us we feel better and don't finish the course but with these guys you have to finish the course.

Patr1ck
07-23-2009, 02:48 AM
hey, thought i'd post, a few days ago i began to treat my tank with metro. a few of my fish began to show signs of flucs and one i am suspecting may be showing signs of hole in the head. i've been watching him for the last week and holes appear larger around the eyes and lateral lines. added 250ppm for every 10 gallons, and now on second dose. after the first day the fish began to have the white stringy poops, after the second day,began to look for food again, just feed again and all are eating. my question is with the hole in the head. how long might it take to see signs of recovery?

In addition you could pull the fish out every other day and swab the effected area with hydrogen peroxide. Im in the middle of doing this in combination with metro on one of my fish, and she is healing.

Pat