PDA

View Full Version : need help IDing and treat my fish

migetguy
07-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

my brilliant blue got all black after i came home on jun 27 it should have started after jun 7 cause i went to Hong Kong for 3 weeks

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

turning dark, not eating, clamped fins , starting to get skinny and sort of starting to eat and swim around

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

none

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
tanks size is 100 gallons 5 years and 15 juvis around 3.5 inches

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
2 to 3 times a week bare bottom and i age my water for a week

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _84____

- ph ___7.2__

- ammonia reading ___0_

- nitrite reading _.25__

- nitrate reading __0__

- well water ____

- municipal water ____

7. Any new fish/plants added recently
i added 4 a week ago

Eddie
07-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Do big water changes every day for a week. Add 2 tbsp of salt per 10 gallons of water. Done ;)

Eddie

rickztahone
07-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Do big water changes every day for a week. Add 2 tbsp of salt per gallons of water. Done ;)

Eddie

+1. your nitrItes are stressing your fish out. you are going through a re-cycle i believe and you must start doing daily water changes so that the parameters do not get out of control