PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, just checking in!

roclement
07-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi everyone!

I haven't posted here in a couple of years...I used to be huge into Discus breeding and generally spending money in the hobby. Since then I have moved to Central New Jersey from Philadelphia, I have gotten married and divorced (!!!) and am now heavely into reef tanks...

Anyways...i may be setting a new 30gal just to have a pair with me for pure enjoyment...good to see that many of the good old breeders are still around and that many new faces are here! I guess the hobby is going strong!

Also happy to see that NADA seems to be working, I remeber the first talks about it! Nice job guys!

So looking for a good source for a pair in my area here in NJ/Ny area and also a good source for RO unit, is Randall still around?

Hope everyone is doing well, hope to hera from some of you soon!

Best!

Rod

Ed13
07-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Welcome back Rod! Unfortunately RandalB is not participating much on the forum these days and its not doing the RO thing at least comercially. Last time he reported in I think he had finally bought a house and mentioned setting up a fishroom but he never updated us after that.
Last time I saw the username RandalB and the avatar he used here was at reefcentral.

If a pair you want, you can check with Hans I think he has a whole rack with them and some of the sponsors are routingly selling pairs.

So what kind of reef are you doing anyways.

roclement
07-26-2009, 08:15 PM
hello! thanks for the updates! so hans is still the man! I think my last post here was defending him as I think he was banned at the time...so where rou you guys go to for RO units these day? maybe I should order from TB Aquatics...

I have a 75gal mixed reef and dominated by SPS and zoas, and a new 30gal tank just cycling with the live rock...not sure what to do with it yet...

Rod

Ed13
07-26-2009, 08:29 PM
hello! thanks for the updates! so hans is still the man! I think my last post here was defending him as I think he was banned at the time...so where rou you guys go to for RO units these day? maybe I should order from TB Aquatics...

I have a 75gal mixed reef and dominated by SPS and zoas, and a new 30gal tank just cycling with the live rock...not sure what to do with it yet...

Rod
Well, Hans is the only seller I know that actually has pairs as a common stock. Some of the newer sponsors also offer pairs, hopefully some of the members that have bought from them will chime in. I can't help you there. Other sponsors might make a custom order for you.

So SPS huh, any pics?

poconogal
07-26-2009, 09:47 PM
I think Kenny might be able to help you with pairs, I'd check with him. I also seem to remember some hobbyists and a sponsor or two having a thread about selling pairs. Welcome back to SD, I remember your avatar!

roclement
07-26-2009, 10:22 PM
hi connie! thanks for the kind welcome back! i'll browse around in the sale threads, guess my avatar makes an impression! : ) I was young back then...

rod

brewmaster15
07-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Hey Rod,
Long time no see! Welcome back!:)

-al

roclement
07-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey Rod,
Long time no see! Welcome back!:)

-al

Hi Al!

Good to see you going strong! The site looks great and the community seems stronger then ever! You have done a great thing for this hobby my friend! I hope the younglings realize that! So what's new in the hobby? What did I miss?

I got really burnt out after that phase of a lot of work and all fish dying wth my phsyco girlfriend incident (she killed all my fish for the new people, I am sure the thread is in an archive somewhere!), and all the stress with disease from Mary at DD Discus (is she still around?)...I broke down all the tanks and kept a single 125gal with a silver arowana...bred mototo stingrays for a coupl eof years and found that as exciting as watching paint dry...cleaned house again and am now in a new house in Central Jesrsey...became a reef enthusiats and have had my reef running for a couple of years now! Much easier then Discus (!!!), just don't tell that to people in the reef forums!

Looking to set a tank for a couple of Discus just to get my fix again, something about keeping the most majesctic fish in tank...I miss it....

Have any pairs you are looking to move?

Rod..PS...I should update my avatar!

brewmaster15
07-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Lol,
Sounds like you have been busy!:) The past few years have been busy here, we've added alot to the forum in many areas...still have a great member base and many that were here when you were are still around....and many many new faces as well...

Give me a call sometime and we'll catch up.

-al

dpt8
07-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Hey Rod, I remember you.. Welcom. I hope you do geta few discus again.. Good to see ya !! David T

steve.ryall
07-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Welcome back Rod, I remember reading your posts. I think you will find things don't change much :) We are all still mad :D

mkv
07-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Welcome back Rod. I'm also heavy into reef tanks. Do you keep SPS or LPS?

roclement
07-27-2009, 09:29 PM
thanks everybody! i feel right at home again! My tank is a mixed reef, sps, lps, and some softies, here is a link for my tank thread in another forum:
http://www.delvalreefclub.org/forums/index.php?topic=4208.0

I am about to post some shots, check it out in about 30 mins. or so.

Rod

roclement
07-27-2009, 09:56 PM
all pictures are updated...

Ed13
07-27-2009, 10:03 PM
all pictures are updated...
:( I could not see a single pic in that link:(

roclement
07-27-2009, 10:07 PM
:( I could not see a single pic in that link:(

sorry...i think you need to register to see pictures!

Eddie
07-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Al!

I got really burnt out after that phase of a lot of work and all fish dying wth my phsyco girlfriend incident (she killed all my fish for the new people, I am sure the thread is in an archive somewhere!), and all the stress with disease from Mary at DD Discus (is she still around?)...

Sorry to hear Rod, man.....your girl killed all your fish! I have nightmares about my wife killing my fish, they are dreadful nightmares. How could you refrain from running her over! Just kidding but man, that would well do me in.

Glad to see you back on simply and getting back into the hobby. I remember you from before. I took a break from the hobby and simply myself. Life always has a way of bringing you back to what you love though!

Take care and best of luck with finding your pair! ;)

Eddie

roclement
07-27-2009, 11:05 PM
thanks dude...here's the link to my historical disaster!

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=32565

seems like a million years ago!

rod

Eddie
07-27-2009, 11:16 PM
thanks dude...here's the link to my historical disaster!

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=32565

seems like a million years ago!

rod

WOW man, that is totally insane. She is definitely off her rocker. That is so sad, and I am sorry to hear. Long time ago but its tough to forget those types of tragic memories.

Take care,

Eddie

Discus-Hans
07-30-2009, 01:19 AM
ROD, email send, call me tomorrow after 10am by than I hope to be on the road to Cin City, phone # is in the email if you lost it,

Hans

GrillMaster
08-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Glad to have ya back Rod!! :thumbsup:

Hope to meet you in the near future! :)

tc

Darren's Discus
08-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Rod,
Nice to have you back mate !

cheers

Scribbles
08-05-2009, 03:12 AM
Wow, what a scary story! Glad that you are back.

Chris

roclement
08-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks everyone! good to be back!

Rod