PDA

View Full Version : My Cardinal Tetras are getting picked off...............

TURBOFROG
07-26-2009, 11:08 PM
I have or had about 30 Cardinal tetras in my tank with my 6 juvies. The Diacus seem to be picking them off here and there! Anyone else have problems with this?

rickztahone
07-26-2009, 11:37 PM
I have or had about 30 Cardinal tetras in my tank with my 6 juvies. The Diacus seem to be picking them off here and there! Anyone else have problems with this?

it is known to happen. if you introduce them early on with the discus they will not go after them, at least from my experience. your best bet is to get larger sized tetras. i don't mean a different type of tetra i just mean larger cardinals/rummies/neons...etc.

TURBOFROG
07-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I had the Tetras in the tank before the Discus. I think your right on the size though. How about Rams? Anyone have luck with them?

rickztahone
07-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I had the Tetras in the tank before the Discus. I think your right on the size though. How about Rams? Anyone have luck with them?

rams are pretty aggressive themselves actually. the problem would be acclimating them from my experience. i have not been able to keep them alive in my tank for too long.

calihawker
07-29-2009, 11:19 AM

Yeah, me too. My h. rasboras as well.:(

menzie
07-29-2009, 11:28 AM
My cardiinal tetras also became very expensive fish food!

Jhhnn
08-06-2009, 09:46 AM
My experience with juvie discus is that they're *always hungry*, even when very well fed, so, uhh, anything that could satisfy that hunger will likely be eaten...

My blue scorps, as they approach adulthood, seem to have somewhat reduced appetites, but my other 4"+ fish are voracious eating machines...

alpine
08-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Try getting the Jumbo size Cardinal . That has worked for us in my wife's tank with grown Angel Fish (they like to eat little cardinals and neons ).

Roberto.