PDA

View Full Version : Dry foods

migetguy
07-27-2009, 12:31 AM
ok right now im feeding Tetra color bits and i want to vary the brand of dry foods i feed to my fish. hikari Discus biogold look good but i need some good feedback to see if i want it. also list some of the dry foods you use.

p.s pls dont list flakes cause my fish wont take flake

rickztahone
07-27-2009, 12:51 AM
ok right now im feeding Tetra color bits and i want to vary the brand of dry foods i feed to my fish. hikari Discus biogold look good but i need some good feedback to see if i want it. also list some of the dry foods you use.

p.s pls dont list flakes cause my fish wont take flake

my fish love NLS now. at first it was a bit difficult to get them to take it. there is also NLS that has garlic in it which is a great combo. i do not soak the NLS which i can't say about the tetra color bits

Eddie
07-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Ocean Nutrition Community Pellet would be my choice. ;)

Eddie

stanlee
07-27-2009, 10:08 AM
tried hikari discus bio gold, but my discus not keen on them.
perhaps it is just my discus.
u may want to try their carnivorous pellets. my discus seem more keen on them shortly after introduction.
:D

lizandcourtney
08-10-2009, 03:27 PM
my fish love NLS now. at first it was a bit difficult to get them to take it. there is also NLS that has garlic in it which is a great combo. i do not soak the NLS which i can't say about the tetra color bits

What does NLS stand for?

Thanks,

Liz

broken poles
08-10-2009, 11:31 PM
New Life Spectrum. http://nlsfishfood.com/

lizandcourtney
08-11-2009, 09:37 AM
So you feed the NLS Discus pellets and they like them?

The reason I ask is right now I'm feeding Ocean Nutrition Omni Cichlid flakes, and some of them will eat them and some of them just sorta pick at them. I've been looking to try something different.

Liz

Eddie
08-11-2009, 09:41 AM
So you feed the NLS Discus pellets and they like them?

The reason I ask is right now I'm feeding Ocean Nutrition Omni Cichlid flakes, and some of them will eat them and some of them just sorta pick at them. I've been looking to try something different.

Liz

Try Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flake ;) Also, Angel Plus has a huge variety of killer flakes and there prices are a steal for the amount get!

Take care,

Eddie

lizandcourtney
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks Eddie for answering my questions.

Do you think they prefer flake or pellets better. Sometimes I think they get frustrated w/the flakes because they try to grab it and they miss a few times, then just give up and let the flake pass on down, where the greedy tetras swoop it up really fast. Im thinking the tetras would do the same with the pellets too tho. I guess at least the flakes are bigger and they can grab them easier. Just thinking out load, hehe.

Scribbles
08-11-2009, 05:18 PM
It depends on the fish as to which they prefer. I feed a wide variety so that they don't get hooked on any one food. As Eddie mentioned, the Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef flakes are great. I also feed the ON Discus flakes and the ON Formula One pellets. When I got my juvies I bought a lot of small containers of various foods and rotated them to see which they liked best. Anything red is attacked. HTH

Chris