PDA

View Full Version : is there some trick to getting java fern to attach to driftwood?

csarkar001
07-29-2009, 01:37 PM
i have mananita driftwood in my tank and would like to attach a rich covering of java fern to it. any advice on how?

--chandan

snoopy65
07-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I use a dark thread and tie it to the driftwood. After a while, the thread will disintegrate into nothing. By the time that happens, the java ferns roots are thoroughly attached to the driftwood.

rich815
07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
I use a dark thread and tie it to the driftwood. After a while, the thread will disintegrate into nothing. By the time that happens, the java ferns roots are thoroughly attached to the driftwood.

I've done that but it's not always as easy to keep it upright or right where you want it. Believe it or not Crazy Glue works really well dries immediately and has no effect on the water that I can tell. Using such has been discussed in a lot of forums and many have reported no issues. I've done it for almost 2 years now. This way you literally put some of the glue on the rhizome of the ferns, stick it where you want it on the driftwood, and hold for about 5-10 seconds. Of course do this with the driftwood out of the tank perhaps on some newspapers or something....

csarkar001
07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
great idea! thanks.