PDA

View Full Version : WTB 5 blue diamond or cobalts and 3 snow white or white diamond, 2" or so.

seancj
07-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Hello all.
I'm looking for my first Discus to add to my 240 gallon semi planted tank. Its been running now for 2 to 3 months and is now stable.
I would like to stock it with the deepest blue and brightest white, solid color, discus I can find. I'd like to buy young ones so I can enjoy watching them grow. I'd like to find some like those seen in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-0zJJCKrpM&feature=channel
Any points in the right direction to find these specimens would be appreciated. Its hard to know who to buy from when you're just getting started.
I live in Lenexa Kansas, as suburb of Kansas City. I've left many a message with KC Discus without reply so I'm having to look elsewhere.
Thanks again all.
Sean

mkv
07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Sean:

One great thing about this forum is the sponsors section. You can't go wrong with any of them and they carry different strains so you find what you are looking for. On a tank that size I wouldn't go with Juveniles, I'll get 4" to 5" inches (subadults) or grow them them in a smaller tank (55 gal) and then transfer them to this tank. Just MIO

seancj
07-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Sean:

One great thing about this forum is the sponsors section. You can't go wrong with any of them and they carry different strains so you find what you are looking for. On a tank that size I wouldn't go with Juveniles, I'll get 4" to 5" inches (subadults) or grow them them in a smaller tank (55 gal) and then transfer them to this tank. Just MIO
Thanks for the advice mkv. May I ask why I shouldn't go with the smaller size? I really can't afford 4-5" specimens in the quantity I am looking for. I really look forward to watching the smaller ones shoal together in the big tank.

Jstuver
07-31-2009, 02:18 PM
I think because most people say that juvies grow better in a non planted bare bottom tank and once they hit the 4-5" mark they are good to go into a planted tank.