PDA

View Full Version : July 30th challenge update

acroken
07-31-2009, 01:15 AM
Hello all,
Everything is still going smooth with the contest discus. Feedings are still at 8 x daily and 80% w/c in the mornings. I mix up their feedings between flakes, pellets and home mixes. Mornings they receive a 75% seafood and 25% b/h mix with x-vitamins , afternoons 75% b/h and 25% seafood and evenings 50/50 with veggies. Growth is good and developing nicely. I have had no problems at all with these guys so far:D I have cut out added color enhancers in my mixes for awhile. My work schedule has been crazy as I am traveling to NYC everyday 3 hour drive each way, so I am exhausted! I will not slip on their schedule though. 4 hours sleep and start it all over again:) Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Kenny

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/th_MVI_1348.jpg (http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/?action=view&current=MVI_1348.flv) http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_1220.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_1221.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_1335.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_1336.jpg http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/acroken/IMG_1361.jpg

Chad Hughes
07-31-2009, 01:21 AM
Kenny,

They really look amazing! Well done!

Sorry to hear about your commute.

Best wishes!

Eddie
07-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Absolutely STUNNING Kenny. Its gonna a tough comp man, your fish are looking phenomenal! Outstanding job!

Take care,
Eddie

Eddie
07-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Dude, I had to watch that video again. Show quality fish man, for real. Those are some of the best looking Albinos I have ever seen, no doubt!

Take care,

Eddie

Organic Farmer
07-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Wow great looking stock. I admire your commitment.With respect Tom

Cooldadddyfunk286
07-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Kenny, I love your group...they are all so uniform and beautiful!!! perfect body shapes, getting FAT too!:D and I love the look to your pics, I cant figure out what it is....but keep up the great work bro! its gonna be a real tuff call when its time to pick a winner. the rest of the group has some tuff competition here, I know that much!:p;)

take care Kenny!

wgtaylor
07-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi Kenny

Hey those guys look really really good. Their color, size and health are great. :)
Bill

Scribbles
08-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Your discus look absolutely incredible Kenny! Beautiful shape and color and nice and thick. All of your hard work is really showing in the quality of these guys.

BTW sorry about the bummer commute.

Chris

calihawker
08-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Those fish look phenomenal Kenny! Love the vid!

rickztahone
08-01-2009, 01:55 PM
your camera shots are great! no need to change anything IMO. they do seem a tad on the dark side but it might be the tank itself rather than the pics. regardless, you can boost up the ISO by one notch and it should look brighter. you can also adjust the exposure. i don't think you ever told me what kind of camera you have. from the looks of it it looks like a good one

dpt8
08-02-2009, 05:24 AM
Great pics and great discus. You mean you have made several mixes and feed only those ?? Must have been a crazy time in the kitchen.. Hang in there on the commute.. Great job !! David T

GrillMaster
08-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Your doing an outstanding job with these guys Kenny!! The commute has to be drgagging you down a little. That just shows how committed you are! :)

BTW...I have the glass tops to your 55G my friend.

hedut
08-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Looking good Kenny. they look so big and hang in there:D

hendri

subcooler
08-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Kenny,

They are looking great-Your commitment definately shows through the fish!

Driving into NYC daily:angry:-that must be a frustrating drive!

Keep up the good work,
Rob

acroken
08-04-2009, 04:30 PM
avionics30
Kenny,
They really look amazing! Well done!
Sorry to hear about your commute.
Best wishes! Thanks Chad. I appreciate the reply

Eddie
Dude, I had to watch that video again. Show quality fish man, for real. Those are some of the best looking Albinos I have ever seen, no doubt!

Absolutely STUNNING Kenny. Its gonna a tough comp man, your fish are looking phenomenal! Outstanding job!
Take care,
Eddie Thanks Pal, I am just keeping them alive. Forrest and Kenny really sent out some superb discus for this challenge! They are looking tough, if they were human they would be thugs!

Organic Farmer
Wow great looking stock. I admire your commitment.With respect Tom thanks Tom, look forward to seeing you at the next meeting

Cooldadddyfunk286
Kenny, I love your group...they are all so uniform and beautiful!!! perfect body shapes, getting FAT too! and I love the look to your pics, I cant figure out what it is....but keep up the great work bro! its gonna be a real tuff call when its time to pick a winner. the rest of the group has some tuff competition here, I know that much!
take care Kenny! Jason, thanks for the steady reply's to my posts. It makes it enjoyable. I feel the same way sometimes when I look at them. They are really doing well. Thanks Bro!

wgtaylor
Hi Kenny
Hey those guys look really really good. Their color, size and health are great.
Bill Bill, have you looked at your contest fish, i am only trying to keep up:D Thanks my friend

Scribbles
Your discus look absolutely incredible Kenny! Beautiful shape and color and nice and thick. All of your hard work is really showing in the quality of these guys.
BTW sorry about the bummer commute.
Chris Thanks Chris, my tanks are set up so minimal time is required for maintenance. It really helps in busy times. Thanks again

calihawker
Those fish look phenomenal Kenny! Love the vid! That video was taken late at night.i know you understand that after your last couple weeks. I will do better on my posts. Thanks Steve-O

rickztahone
your camera shots are great! no need to change anything IMO. they do seem a tad on the dark side but it might be the tank itself rather than the pics. regardless, you can boost up the ISO by one notch and it should look brighter. you can also adjust the exposure. i don't think you ever told me what kind of camera you have. from the looks of it it looks like a good one Hey Ricardo, my camera is just a canon G10. The tanks itself is pretty dark due to the contest fishes eyesight. I was interested in the function of the histogram to help me balance out the dim lighting. I do not like to play with photos too much, or i will end up with purple discus:) I appreciate your help!

dpt8
Great pics and great discus. You mean you have made several mixes and feed only those ?? Must have been a crazy time in the kitchen.. Hang in there on the commute.. Great job !! David T LoL, That is what my girl friend always asks me "making more food" which usually means i take her out for dinner. I think she is jealous of them LoL. Thanks David

GrillMaster
Your doing an outstanding job with these guys Kenny!! The commute has to be drgagging you down a little. That just shows how committed you are!
BTW...I have the glass tops to your 55G my friend. It sure is dragging me down. The worst is sitting in traffic when you are so very tired. Quick 30 sec naps. The tank i picked up from you looks awesome, i set it up last weekend. We will hook up at the next meeting.Thanks again for putting on an outstanding party. It was perfect.

hedut
Looking good Kenny. they look so big and hang in there
hendri I think i need a bigger tank!! Thanks Hendri

subcooler
Kenny,
They are looking great-Your commitment definately shows through the fish!
Driving into NYC daily-that must be a frustrating drive!
Thanks Rob. I am in this for the long haul. Who need sleep. Talk to you soon. Thanks Pal

Eddie
08-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Very true Kenny, with an amazing foundation, you can build anything, but you are the one doing the building! Awesome work!

Eddie

MRQuad
08-06-2009, 11:05 AM
wow... nice photo and video.. i wish i have that kind of equipment.. :(

kirkp
08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Simply amazing Kenny. Keep up the great work.

Kirk

Armandi_Fishcarer
08-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Kenny, they are coming along nicely despite your busy commute. :D The vid I had to watch again, so as to check wether I'm still in a state of reality. :bandana: Keep up the great job you are doing!

Regards
Ahmed ;)

ashaysathe
08-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Awesome Kenny. nice fish and what.. 8 x times feeding man like this the fish will be like 15 inch byt thh time this is said and done. Super Nice