PDA

View Full Version : Sick Fish i think...

Crstfr
07-31-2009, 12:03 PM
i picked this Hans discus up from our LFS.... the best one in town... fish looked awesome.. healthy... etc... ..

so i get him home...(blue manacapuru)... acclimate about 45-1hr... ..he's being put into my existing Discus tank... i currently have 5~.. all my parameters are correct, i'm pretty anal about the tank....

this fish, looks like its constipated... around his anus is large.. like his poop got hard and got stuck on its way out.. you can see a little poking out. .but it looks like he has pea stuck in his belly... i dont know if he can pass this.. i did see him eat a little, but he's been kinda hangin off by himself... grrr.. :(

what could this be... id did the epson salt trick last night and will do it agian today... but i'm worried.

tank

http://api.photoshop.com/home_a951634a2ccc4f459a64229b424de0cb/adobe-px-assets/95272a9c7fa646ab82a7d563ffbb91b4

thanks guys

chris.

rickztahone
07-31-2009, 01:02 PM
you are not treating that fish with salt in that tank are you? QT for sure and keep with the Epsom. it can also be worms. putting a fish directly with your current fish is not good practice

Eddie
07-31-2009, 09:13 PM
First, are you QTing the fish before putting him with your existing fish?

Second, how did you treat with Epsom salt? What amount and how long?

Eddie