PDA

View Full Version : Thought on this pump?

Chad Hughes
08-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm in need of two 3000 GPH (approximate) pumps for two central systems. Has anyone heard of this pump (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120453366143&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)or, better yet, used one for any length of time? The one in the link is a mag drive, low power consumption, etc. It sounds perfect, but wanted to put it out there to see if anyone had any feedback. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes!

Darrell Ward
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't know how much head you need, but this is a low head pump. If I were going to use a low head pump, I would run it off a loop to gain more pressure. That is, take the output line, and run a big loop back into itself, And tee off your tank returns from this loop.

Chad Hughes
08-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Darrell. Excellent point. I did notice that the head was not as great as some of the more expensive pumps. I like your idea. If I do end up setteling with one of these I'l definately put this knowledge to use.

Thanks again!

Dkarc@Aol.com
08-03-2009, 09:03 PM
I have never heard of this brand, and to be honest it looks like a cheaply made product.

What kind of TDH will you have on this system?? 50gpm is a lot of water, how big is each system? Check your PM.

-Ryan

Jhhnn
08-04-2009, 12:50 AM
For the money, it seems too good to be true...

Or it might be a terrific bargain... dunno...

Chad Hughes
08-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I have never heard of this brand, and to be honest it looks like a cheaply made product.

What kind of TDH will you have on this system?? 50gpm is a lot of water, how big is each system? Check your PM.

-Ryan

Ryan,

Returned your PM. Thanks!

For the money, it seems too good to be true...

Or it might be a terrific bargain... dunno...

Yeah, I'm on the fence there. LOL! I've had good and bad experiences with deals too good to be true on Ebay. Sometimes they are true and sometimes the are crap.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Chad Hughes
09-24-2009, 06:19 PM
I ended up going with these pumps as recommended by Ryan. These things are beasts and use about as much power as a large aquarium pump. Light fixtures on most tanks use more power than these pumps!

http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories/121/Sweetwater-High-Efficiency-Pumps

Thanks for everyone's input!