PDA

View Full Version : what to do with the culpret?

Jason K.
08-04-2009, 12:48 AM
i've recentley delt with an outbreak in my 55 gallon, i have had it running with discus for about 4 months now. started with some juvies from an online site, one died so i bought one from lfs, then from others on this site, thank you all, began to buy from a local breeder, in which his fish are far supeior to any one could find elsewhere locally. anyhow the fish that seems to be the culpret in my particular outbreak of htd. seems to be from the lfs (they won't take him back) i dont have anyplace to keep him, so even though i don't want to say it, but should i put him out of his misery, he's in pretty bad shape and i don't want to comprimise the rest?

Eddie
08-04-2009, 12:54 AM
i've recentley delt with an outbreak in my 55 gallon, i have had it running with discus for about 4 months now. started with some juvies from an online site, one died so i bought one from lfs, then from others on this site, thank you all, began to buy from a local breeder, in which his fish are far supeior to any one could find elsewhere locally. anyhow the fish that seems to be the culpret in my particular outbreak of htd. seems to be from the lfs (they won't take him back) i dont have anyplace to keep him, so even though i don't want to say it, but should i put him out of his misery, he's in pretty bad shape and i don't want to comprimise the rest?

Thats what I'd do, no sense in possibly infecting the rest. Sickly fish are a burden and some people may feel that it is harsh but they are living a hard life, keeping them alive.

Eddie