PDA

View Full Version : For anybody that feeds flakes or medicated food

Patr1ck
08-05-2009, 02:36 AM
This is a really great place to buy food not just flakes either. I just bought a few varieties including some medicated food and am very impressed with the quality and portions for the price. Everybody should check this website out. Once again thanks to Eddie for mentioning that he uses food from here.
http://www.angelsplus.com/Foods.htm

hth
Pat

Eddie
08-05-2009, 04:53 AM
This is a really great place to buy food not just flakes either. I just bought a few varieties including some medicated food and am very impressed with the quality and portions for the price. Everybody should check this website out. Once again thanks to Eddie for mentioning that he uses food from here.
http://www.angelsplus.com/Foods.htm

hth
Pat

Oh yeah Pat, good place for flakes and the 1lb bags last a while. I like the High Pro Growth and also using the garlic flake lately .

Eddie

Patr1ck
08-05-2009, 05:05 AM
I just bought those same 2 plus the vitamin flake also. I also got the medicated versions too.

Pat

Eddie
08-05-2009, 05:10 AM
I just bought those same 2 plus the vitamin flake also. I also got the medicated versions too.

Pat

Good call Pat, they work wonders!

Eddie

mlov1022
08-05-2009, 08:29 AM
I bought the growth flake, garlic, beefheart and angel flake. My fish love all of them.

David Rose
08-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi Pat,

Thanks for posting this site. I just placed my first order!

Kind Regards,
David

Cooldadddyfunk286
08-05-2009, 11:37 AM
yeah they have good stuff for sure! I love how you get the free sample flakes when u order. I have all 3 medicated flakes on hand, and I cant forget what the sample is. plankton or krill growth flake or somethin? its goooood tho ;)

plus it literally took 1 day after i ordered to get my flakes in...great place to order from!

Eddie
08-05-2009, 11:42 AM
plus it literally took 1 day after i ordered to get my flakes in...great place to order from!

LMAO, I know! It takes like 4 days tops for me to get the flakes... ALL THE WAY TO JAPAN!! Outstanding customer service!

Eddie

cyberhog05
08-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I second angles plus. I have been buying all my flake from those guys. Best place IMO. Remember to keep your medicated flake in the freezer! Only problem I am having is 2 of my discus stopped eating flake so I started on FBW's more often and now they all dont want flake!

rickztahone
08-05-2009, 04:00 PM
i've been advocating these flakes to members on here (Julie and Casper especially, lol). they are really great flakes and you can't really beat the price. the only thing i would stay away from, at least from my experience is the tetra bits with the garlic. i found that they fall apart too quickly and really foul the water column quickly. i have a whole 8oz in my fridge that i do not use at all :(. other than that, i feed the vitamin flakes and i have noticed many changes in the temperament of my fish

Carolina discus
08-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I agree,
i have been using their flakes in the hatchery for 2 years with good results....I highly recommend the meat eaters flake...it is the best of them all and they kill it!

Regards

Eric

cyberhog05
08-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks Eric, I was wondering about the meat eaters. I was going to buy a 3oz portion of almost all there foods and try em out and make my own mixes of the best of em. You are having good results with the meat eaters I see. Which others have you tried?

Carolina discus
08-08-2009, 03:29 PM
No problem,
I have pretty much tried all of them in the hatchery....for me the best are by way of agressively eaten :
Meat eaters #1
Vitiman flake
Beefheart (fry only...too fine for adults)

Taken pretty good:
liver
triple growth
plankton/krill
angel
Garlic

the rest were just ok......the ones that were pretty good I ended up mixing together in a 2.5 gal pail and feeding that way.....

Overall a very good value for your money....seems to good for them too....good growth on the fry as well....I am going to use the meat eaters from this point and the beefheart for the fry as well....I am working with a pellet food I am impressed with now.....all this is rotated with frozen seafood mix and beefheart mix...hakari fbw's for the breeders....

Hope that helps......

Eric

Txredneck
08-21-2009, 06:24 AM
angles plus. I have been buying all my flake from them
the best

David Rose
08-21-2009, 08:30 AM
UPDATE 08/20/09

I have to say that my first time buying experience was great.... fast delivery, great customer service call/email, prices, and quality.

Tito
08-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks for posting this guys. Eddie - you da man bro.

Thank you.

I will be trying the Meat Eaters and Vitamin Flakes.