PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant surprise

DiscusKeeper403
08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Came home after two weeks vacation and all day my checkerboard pigeon has been shivering at two of my Discus. She is clearing a spot and her breeding tube is down. Not exactly sure which Discus is going to pair with her it is unclear at this point. Neither of the ones she wants to pair with are compatible for breeding though. Oh well, still exciting!

Eddie
08-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Came home after two weeks vacation and all day my checkerboard pigeon has been shivering at two of my Discus. She is clearing a spot and her breeding tube is down. Not exactly sure which Discus is going to pair with her it is unclear at this point. Neither of the ones she wants to pair with are compatible for breeding though. Oh well, still exciting!

Thats great Connor, there is always room for a special order. Find someone selling an adult Pigeon male, I am sure its not hard to find!

Take care,

Eddie

DiscusKeeper403
08-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Thats great Connor, there is always room for a special order. Find someone selling an adult Pigeon male, I am sure its not hard to find!

Take care,

Eddie

I'll have to keep my eye out! I have another pigeon in the tank but I am thinking another female. How would I go about breaking up the existing pair and getting the female pigeon and male pigeon to breed (if I found one.)??

Eddie
08-06-2009, 11:29 PM
I'll have to keep my eye out! I have another pigeon in the tank but I am thinking another female. How would I go about breaking up the existing pair and getting the female pigeon and male pigeon to breed (if I found one.)??

What? Forced marriages happen all the time! LOL Put them together and see what happens. ;)

Eddie

DiscusKeeper403
08-06-2009, 11:50 PM
What? Forced marriages happen all the time! LOL Put them together and see what happens. ;)

Eddie

Hahaha. Sounds like a plan :) Doesn't look like any of the males in the tank are interested anyways. She hasn't laid yet, but I guess time will tell.

Eddie
08-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Hahaha. Sounds like a plan :) Doesn't look like any of the males in the tank are interested anyways. She hasn't laid yet, but I guess time will tell.

As you said, still young. You have time to search for the perfect mate! ;)

Take care and good luck,

Eddie

DiscusKeeper403
08-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Woke up this morning and I have a bunch of eggs my filter pipe :) There are only two white ones, the rest are brown, does this mean they were fertilized?

DiscusKeeper403
08-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Eggs are all eaten already hahaha. Oh well, always next time.

hmccsal
08-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Must be something in the Alberta water..now my PB female is doing the shimmy shake towards my male(he is ignoring her though)LOL

DiscusKeeper403
08-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Must be something in the Alberta water..now my PB female is doing the shimmy shake towards my male(he is ignoring her though)LOL

LOL. Must be!