PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone

KaiHan
08-10-2009, 03:15 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also new on here, but not to discuskeeping as I have had the pleasure of keeping this incredible fish since 1971 when I bred my first WC browns and there has been many from then on.
Ever heard of Roy skipper from Hemel Hempstead, he was the big daddy at that time and the father of the genuine sevencolour discus. That was a cross between blue and green.
I lost my heart to the discusfish when I saw a picture of one in an aqueriumbook.
I said to a mate at the time: "what sort of fish is that" and he replied "that is a discusfish and stay well clear of them as they are blody expensive and very difficult to keep alive and they vill only eat live food".
Thats when I was hocked....
We lived in New Ferry, Wirral at the time and our municipal water was more suited to Tangalavi mix with a hardnes of 15 DGH.
First time I set my discustank up I bought distilled water from the chemist. Cost me a bomb I can tell you. Imagine a 250 gall setup with a hardnes of 3 DGH. But I dare say that most of us have done some crazy things over the years.
I used rainwater after that first time, I was threatened by you know who.
Well, that`s a little about me, and please dont be to hard on me about my spelling
as I am getting a bit rusty. Allmost 32 years since we left England and the age is creeping up on me to.

Eddie
08-11-2009, 09:50 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also new on here, but not to discuskeeping as I have had the pleasure of keeping this incredible fish since 1971 when I bred my first WC browns and there has been many from then on.
Ever heard of Roy skipper from Hemel Hempstead, he was the big daddy at that time and the father of the genuine sevencolour discus. That was a cross between blue and green.
I lost my heart to the discusfish when I saw a picture of one in an aqueriumbook.
I said to a mate at the time: "what sort of fish is that" and he replied "that is a discusfish and stay well clear of them as they are blody expensive and very difficult to keep alive and they vill only eat live food".
Thats when I was hocked....
We lived in New Ferry, Wirral at the time and our municipal water was more suited to Tangalavi mix with a hardnes of 15 DGH.
First time I set my discustank up I bought distilled water from the chemist. Cost me a bomb I can tell you. Imagine a 250 gall setup with a hardnes of 3 DGH. But I dare say that most of us have done some crazy things over the years.
I used rainwater after that first time, I was threatened by you know who.
Well, that`s a little about me, and please dont be to hard on me about my spelling
as I am getting a bit rusty. Allmost 32 years since we left England and the age is creeping up on me to.

Nice to meet Kai and BIG welcome! Don't worry about the spelling, we aren't here to critique your writing/typing skills!

Good to have you here and definitely would like to here about your life with discus!

Take care,

Eddie

David Rose
08-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Welcome to SD Kai! I'm looking forward to seeing picture of your tank someday.

Best of Luck,
David

Scribbles
08-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Welcome to SD Kai!

Chris