PDA

View Full Version : Few more pictures of public aquarium

Disgirl
08-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I took a few more photos at the aquarium today and thought some of you might like to see them. They are the seashell exhibit I show to visitors, a 1 yr. old Loggerhead sea turtle the aquarium rescued and will release to the ocean next year with a tracking device, lionfish and a tank full of aquarium raised moonjellyfish. Thanks for looking!
Barb :)

Scribbles
08-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Love the pictures. I feel as though I'm touring your aquarium. Any shark pics?

Chris

GrillMaster
08-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Looks like ya have that dream job Barb!! :)

Ready to set up a Discus display there yet? ;) :D

tc

Disgirl
08-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks Chris, I will take some shark photos tomorrow when I am working there again. It is Pirate Night so I am working then to get to see all the Pirate stuff. Might even be able to post a pirate pic or two. Today we were under a tornado warning and 500 visitors all had to go into the theater in the center of the bldg. for half and hr. until the storm passed. They showed a good shark film to pass the time. A nearby town got 10" of rain this afternoon, a few miles from the beach.

Disgirl
08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Mark, there are some huge and beautiful tanks there, especially the round one with the lionfish in it, that would be fantastic discus tanks. But alas, only native North Carolina creatures get to live in the place!
Barb :D

Disgirl
08-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey Chris, here are some shark pics for you and a few others too. Yes, I do enjoy the place. Hope you all don't mind me sharing the aquarium with you.

Disgirl
08-14-2009, 04:23 PM
And a few more...

Scribbles
08-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Chris

poconogal
08-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Barb, thanks for the shots. I love the Triggerfish, is it a Picasso? Had a Trigger once to cycle my SW tank. Tough as nails, but also very friendly, like a Discus, except for those TEETH! Used to feed him with little chunks of shrimp using chopsticks! To this day, I want to get a Clown Trigger, and one day I will when I have the inclination to open a SW tank again.

calihawker
08-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Great pics Barb! How much fun that must be!

Disgirl
08-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks Chris, Connie and Steve. It is fun, even when I have 50 people crowded around the stingray tank, touching them and I have to keep my eyes on everyone and the rays, all at the same time :D! Most people follow the rules but there are some who don't of course.
Barb