PDA

View Full Version : Where to Find Python Hose...

Sharkbait
08-12-2009, 10:32 PM
So I'm wanting to get into the rhythm of frequent, carefree water changes and I need to get a python hose. Coming from Canada, it's a little more difficult finding the hose and pieces for a decent price. PetSmart has the 50ft. hose for $99CAN!

If anyone knows where I can get a good deal on this hose (or the 25ft) I'd greatly appreciate it. I know you can build your own, but I'd prefer to just get the python.

Thanks!

yim11
08-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Looks like Big Als (Canada) has the 25' for $50 Canadian...

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/StoreCatalog/ctl3664/cp17959/si1317520/cl1/python_no_spill_clean_and_fill_25?&query=python&queryType=0&hits=12&offset=

HTHs,
-jim

Eddie
08-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey sharkbait, please tell us how you are planning to perform the water changes? Are you planning to drain using the python (wastes a ton of water) or just primarily fill. If you are going to just fill, I'd recommend you save a great deal of money and just get flexible tubing and the attachments to connect to your faucet.

Thanks

Eddie

hmccsal
08-12-2009, 11:57 PM
I agree with Eddie. I had a python until hubby broke the plastic piece that hooks up to the faucet and I had to crank the sink for it to really suck any water and took forever to drain the tank even part way.

Scribbles
08-13-2009, 02:30 AM
I recently bought a python so that I didn't have to haul buckets in hot weather. What a huge expensive disappointment. It wasted water and didn't have enough suction. I scrapped that idea andbought a cheap hose and attached it to my gravel vac to drain tank water onto the lawn. For filling the tank I'm going to replace the plastic faucet connector with metal hose adapters and fittings and buy a potable hose. All of this is still cheaper than the python. If you have your heart set on a python I would check ebay.

Chris

calgarydiscus
08-13-2009, 04:54 AM
just go to home depot and get some potable water hose thats what i did its like 6 bucks for 25 or 30 feet and its 3/4 and drains quickly if you have gravel this would not work so well tho

Harriett
08-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Here's a suggestion:
For emptying a tank with a python: If you can, during the warmer months [spring through fall in many parts of the country], just put the python hose out a window, maybe attach a garden hose to the python outside for a longer span, and water your plants or lawn--don't waste the water or the good nutrients in it! If you need to empty the tank indoors say if you are an apartment dweller, just run the python to the tub or the toilet and once you get the suction going, the tank will empty--takes a little longer but gravity will do the work AND you don't waste all the water by running a faucet--seems to me using the python to empty by running water is rediculous and expensive.
I water my vegetable garden and flower gardens and even hook up my sprinkler to the hose--for local gentler watering. Most of my tanks are on the 2nd floor of the house--you can work it out. I use the click adapters from the gardening section at Home Depot for quick attach/release chores to do water changes.
Hope this helps,
Harriett