View Full Version : How long beforee adding new fish to...

silent_thunder
08-13-2009, 12:51 AM
tanks that have been thru their fishless cycle...a few days ahead of time ok? a week? I am like duh...I am not sure.

Drain them completly and refill and add prime?

Oh and I am BACKKKKKKKKKKKKkkkk LOL:bandana:

I know ya all thought I left but it ain`t happenin`:bandana:

anddddddd.....its good to be back I have even missed you guys LOL....:D

D

Jhhnn
08-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Tank cycling time is always a guesstimate- they're cycled when any ammonia added is rapidly converted to nitrate. Doesn't matter if that happens in 6 weeks or 12 weeks. Nitrites should remain very low to undetectable. Do partial water changes to hold nitrates to 20ppm or less.

At that point, they're ready for fish. Watch the water parameters very closely at first, meaning daily testing. For partial water changes, add prime to the tank first, then tap water.

Have fun!

silent_thunder
08-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Tank cycling time is always a guesstimate- they're cycled when any ammonia added is rapidly converted to nitrate. Doesn't matter if that happens in 6 weeks or 12 weeks. Nitrites should remain very low to undetectable. Do partial water changes to hold nitrates to 20ppm or less.

At that point, they're ready for fish. Watch the water parameters very closely at first, meaning daily testing. For partial water changes, add prime to the tank first, then tap water.

Have fun!

Thanks Jhhnn...
The tanks are ready and have been, just wonering if I needed to do a 100% water change and add prime before transferring fish.

Again, Thanks for your time

D

Eddie
08-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks Jhhnn...
The tanks are ready and have been, just wonering if I needed to do a 100% water change and add prime before transferring fish.

Again, Thanks for your time

D

Yes Daniel, drain the tank 100%, add Prime and fill. ;)

Good to see you back,

Eddie

silent_thunder
08-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Yes Daniel, drain the tank 100%, add Prime and fill. ;)

Good to see you back,

Eddie

Thx Eddie...