PDA

View Full Version : Dead fish...

silent_thunder
08-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Afer being gone 2 weeks<and bless my son e did not lose a fish> I noticed a red lepard off to the side alone...he was stressed I knew that at least...

I did my water change yesterday and kept an eye on him...late lastnight since I had noticed he was not eating that his stomach was bloated...I figured I would quarintine him this morning...

As I was getting ready to I glanced over and he went to the bottom....dead.

I will cut him open to see whats inside...like I will know =L= but if its parasites or worms I may be able to see...

Any ideas on what it could be when the tummy is bloated? Would I need to treat the whole tank and if so what with....

I have certain meds around but maybe...not what I need

Thanks for any input

D

Eddie
08-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear Dan, could be a number of different things so don't be surprised if you actually find nothing inordinary. Most likely internal bacteria infection. Just keep an eye on the others. Can't treat something that isn't there. ;)

Eddie

silent_thunder
08-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear Dan, could be a number of different things so don't be surprised if you actually find nothing inordinary. Most likely internal bacteria infection. Just keep an eye on the others. Can't treat something that isn't there. ;)

Eddie

OK Eddie Thx..
That being said how would you treat and internal bacteria infection? Or you don`t?

Eddie
08-14-2009, 02:07 PM
OK Eddie Thx..
That being said how would you treat and internal bacteria infection? Or you don`t?

Well that depends, if you have a bloated fish, I'd go for an Epsom Salt treatment first to make sure the fish ain't just backed up. Then if that fails, Kanamycin would be the med of choice, used as a bath. ;)

Only treat fish with antibiotics that display symptoms, never as precaution. ;)

Eddie

silent_thunder
08-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Well that depends, if you have a bloated fish, I'd go for an Epsom Salt treatment first to make sure the fish ain't just backed up. Then if that fails, Kanamycin would be the med of choice, used as a bath. ;)

Only treat fish with antibiotics that display symptoms, never as precaution. ;)

Eddie

epson salt...HOW could I have forgotten THAT...

thats how one learns:bandana:

Armandi_Fishcarer
08-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Salts are my 1st use before anything else, wether loaded up in the tank or a salt bath, generally helps tramendously in these circumstances. Sorry to hear about the loss, you always learn even when you forget, lol!

True story: I had the same prob with 1 of my fish & told mum to keep an eye out, guess where I found E-Salt? In one of my mothers laundry closets. I was wandering why my fish always seem heathy, mum swore she would only go in too check while I'm at work! :D

Regards
Ahmed ;)