PDA

View Full Version : Les Paul Passes

Roxanne
08-16-2009, 09:38 PM
On August 13, 2009, the great man and musician, Les Paul passed away and I thought it fitting to remember his contribution to music, in particular, Rock music. Les Paul filled a wooden guitar cast with plaster of paris and his idea of developing the hard body guitar was born. EDIT: He also invented multi tracking and other recording techniques. Rock music owes a great deal to Les Paul, and we music lovers say,

Thank You for the music Les Paul....Sleep Well

Roxanne

roclement
08-16-2009, 09:42 PM
well said! I had the pleasure to watch him in one of his last gigs here in NY at the Iridium Club about 5 months ago, he hosted a Monday night jam session every week there untill this year when he died. A legend!

RIP

Rod

Roxanne
08-16-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm jealous Rod....:)...what a fabulous memory you have. Don't suppose you've got pictures have you?

Rox

roclement
08-16-2009, 09:54 PM
i wish! a friend of mine who went with me said "man we may some of the last people to see him playing live...we should have brought a camera!"

After the gig he hangs around and a horde of people go to the stage and get in line to meet him and take pictures, etc. We tought he was bothered enough as it was and chose to leave him be, my respect was payed by my cheers and appreciation for his music, I'll get apicture in the next lfe, for now my memory will do!

Rod

Darren's Discus
08-16-2009, 09:58 PM
R.i.p Les !:guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guit arist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist::guitarist: You certainly will never be forgotton !

cheers