PDA

View Full Version : egg fungus with wigglers

utiliy
08-21-2009, 07:35 AM
i have wigglers-mixed in with some fungus-any ideas on what to do? if 5 days are correct on free swimming and attaching-that should take place
tomorrow.
treated with meth blue-but the eggs already started to fungus.
parents pick them up and spit them right back on the cone-with fungus. i have another cone-should i put it at the other end of the tank so they can move them-or is too late?

Daniella
08-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Those that get fungus are probably not fertile, so not much you can do then.

Usualy they eat the infertile eggs..wierd that they put them back.

i have wigglers-mixed in with some fungus-any ideas on what to do? if 5 days are correct on free swimming and attaching-that should take place
tomorrow.
treated with meth blue-but the eggs already started to fungus.
parents pick them up and spit them right back on the cone-with fungus. i have another cone-should i put it at the other end of the tank so they can move them-or is too late?

Peachtree Discus
08-21-2009, 11:18 AM
i am assuming you used the meth-blue before they hatched, but if they are already hatch, i believe the fungus is of no concern. I have had a similiar situation with no apparent ill effect. I believe the fungus is only an issue for the unhatched eggs.

utiliy
08-21-2009, 11:45 AM
actually the parents ate a few of the fungus eggs...i was just curious what i can do about the fungus eggs mixed in with the wigglers?
i methed them right before they hatched-i was a day off on the timeline.
a pic before the meth blue..

utiliy
08-21-2009, 11:48 AM
heres a pic of the red pair...either the male did not do his job-or they all had fungi.

punna
08-21-2009, 11:49 AM
I also faced this type of problem just 3 days back with my Cobalt blue pair. Dont worry they will fix it. My male ate all the fungus.
Thanks,

texasdiscusman
08-21-2009, 11:59 AM
You should put the Meth-blue 1 hr after done spawning.Also fungus on eggs is a sign of water quality issue.

Daniella
08-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Cool. I see your breeding cone and that's exactly what I want. Also your female? is very similar to one I want the breeding cone for :)

actually the parents ate a few of the fungus eggs...i was just curious what i can do about the fungus eggs mixed in with the wigglers?
i methed them right before they hatched-i was a day off on the timeline.
a pic before the meth blue..

mmorris
08-21-2009, 11:12 PM
I wouldn't worry about the fungus.
I haven't had a pair that ate the fungused eggs yet!

utiliy
08-22-2009, 05:27 AM
a few pic of fry in the midst of the fungus...

mmorris
08-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Congratulations, Utility! :)

Elite Aquaria
08-22-2009, 08:39 AM
utiliy,

Great job getting them to wiggler stage...The pair will eventually eat the eggs that were not fertilized and that have fungus. No need to add Meth Blue if your intent is to protect the wigglers. No need to add another cone...the parents will eventually move them to a new site when they decided to clean off the old site. Give me a call if you have any detailed questions later today or tomorrow. I'll be home all weekend.

utiliy
08-23-2009, 05:41 PM
thx dan for the kindness....
they are attaching as i type-but the fungus is still on the cone with a few wigglers on it. as the kids told me....the babies are everywhere! on the parents-top of water-just everywhere!!