PDA

View Full Version : My Guppie's big adventure

Vieira
08-23-2009, 12:29 PM
So I'm out and about and my wife calls me. She wanted to let me know that my dog just threw up and in the center of his puke was a guppy from my 20 gal guppy only tank. I just have a light on it no hood so the guppy must have jumped out and Julius (my dog) must of taught it would make a good snack. So I'm having a good 5 min conversation with my wife because she is not happy that she has to clean up the puked covered guppy (she is 8 mounts pregnant). Then after hanging up with her wondering which guppy of my mine is in guppy heaven I get another call from my wife and she yelling at me its moving. So then I had to beg her to quickly put the guppy in a cup of water from the aquarium which she did being a little grossed out. Now I'm home and I release the guppy into the tank she looks ok if she lives she is going to be my new favorite guppy.

Disgirl
08-23-2009, 12:36 PM
What a story! Be sure to let us know if the guppy survives, hope it does. Makes me think of Jonah and the whale for some reason...
Barb :D

kaceyo
08-23-2009, 02:44 PM
That's a story I haven't heard before, LOL!!! Downright amazing really. I would have thought that the dogs stomach acids would have killed the guppy on contact.
I hope Jonah makes it through alive.

Kacey

Lytehouse
08-23-2009, 03:23 PM
That's hilarious,

Must not have stayed down long. Maybe the wiggling guppy choked the dog before it got down. Lucky is the new name for your guppy.

Great story...

Vieira
08-23-2009, 06:44 PM
She looks good right now. I just feed her and no problems. Ill try to post pictures later tonight my wife actually took a picture of the puked guppy with her blackberry before she realized the fish was still alive.

Scribbles
08-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Amazing what these fish can live through. I hope that you brought home some flowers for your wife for saving your guppy.

Chris

poconogal
08-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Wow what a story, like Barbara said, Jonah and the whale, LOL!!! And how is Lucky, still doing well? Uh, are you going to put a top on that tank now? ;):D

calihawker
08-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Now THATS a great story! Is that Julius in your avatar?

Vieira
08-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Here she is:angel:

Vieira
08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Wow what a story, like Barbara said, Jonah and the whale, LOL!!! And how is Lucky, still doing well? Uh, are you going to put a top on that tank now? ;):D

yep I do have one down in the basement. I am plaining to buy more guppies and i dont want Julius eating anymore fish.

Vieira
08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Now THATS a great story! Is that Julius in your avatar?

Yep thats my boy:D

poconogal
08-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Here she is:angel:
She looks just fine. Amazing... Julius is quite handsome too. What kind of dog?

Vieira
08-23-2009, 10:32 PM
She looks just fine. Amazing... Julius is quite handsome too. What kind of dog?

Thank you, he is a greatdane he is a monster.

poconogal
08-23-2009, 10:35 PM
LOL a monster? LOL!! I thought he was a Dane but the pic is tiny so I wasn't sure. How old is he?

I have 3 monsters... Duke, Duchess and Daisy, my 3 Dobermans. They are houligans, the girls even more so!

Vieira
08-23-2009, 10:52 PM
LOL a monster? LOL!! I thought he was a Dane but the pic is tiny so I wasn't sure. How old is he?

I have 3 monsters... Duke, Duchess and Daisy, my 3 Dobermans. They are houligans, the girls even more so!

I love Dobies nice dogs. My dane is going to be 3 next mount. He gets a cheez burger from mcdees for his birthday.

frenchie100
08-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Great story!!!! I am glad she is okay, LOL!

Is Julius a harlequin dane? I couldn't tell the exact color from the pic.

Julie :)

Eddie
08-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Oh man, how did the wife handle taking a picture of the puke and guppy! Thats a crazy story!

Nice looking little guppy tank you got there....by the way.

Take care,

Eddie

Vieira
08-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Great story!!!! I am glad she is okay, LOL!

Is Julius a harlequin dane? I couldn't tell the exact color from the pic.

Julie :)

Yes he is

Vieira
08-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh man, how did the wife handle taking a picture of the puke and guppy! Thats a crazy story!

Nice looking little guppy tank you got there....by the way.

Take care,

Eddie

Thanks Eddie its the only tank I have upstairs in the study room its just little fun tank. All my Discus are down stairs. My wife she can be very girly sometimes but she should be use to it she is a RN at work. Thanks for all your help Eddie