PDA

View Full Version : Possible pair?

traversediscus
08-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Sooooo if i have 2 Discus chasing the other Discus off and then they swim back to each other and stay together could they be a pair?

There is no 70's Disco dancing yet though

What do you all think?

Cheers

Barry

Eddie
08-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Sooooo if i have 2 Discus chasing the other Discus off and then they swim back to each other and stay together could they be a pair?

There is no 70's Disco dancing yet though

What do you all think?

Cheers

Barry

Depends Barry, any bowing at each other?

Eddie

traversediscus
08-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Depends Barry, any bowing at each other?

Eddie

Not that i have seen yet Edmundo. I haven't had much chance to watch last week i will keep an eye out this week

Eddie
08-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Not that i have seen yet Edmundo. I haven't had much chance to watch last week i will keep an eye out this week

Yeah, not a definite sign as my females do this to each other too. They will basically swim up towards each other and when they cross, the 2 will bow. Very beautiful act IMO.

Take care,

Eddie

Tito
08-23-2009, 10:03 PM
I have two pairs - they both bow to each other.

I have seen one other fish take a bow to one of the mated females. Based on conflicts I think that fish that bows to a mated female is a male. He may be trying to court the female away from her mate.

Daniella
08-23-2009, 11:26 PM
in deed it's beautiful. They also erect their fins higher and fully extended during this bowing. I am planning on buying a video camera as I am having trouble to photograph my fish so that I could capture all these beautiful behaviors.

Anyone ever cought this bowing on film?

Yeah, not a definite sign as my females do this to each other too. They will basically swim up towards each other and when they cross, the 2 will bow. Very beautiful act IMO.

Take care,

Eddie