PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of Albino Sterbai Corys?

Patr1ck
08-26-2009, 05:28 AM
Has anyone heard of Albino Sterbai Corys? If so where would I find such a fish?:D

Thanks,
Pat

Eddie
08-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Singapore, from this article

http://www.scotcat.com/factsheets/corydoras_sterbai.html

Eddie

Inland Empire Discus
08-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I have access to them and they run about $11 each. Some that I have in one tank I maintain just spawned and I got one baby from them. Will try and upload a photo of them later today.

Bill

Inland Empire Discus
08-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Here are some pics.

Chad Hughes
08-27-2009, 02:34 PM
I have the exact corys that Bill posted. Bought them from a LFS here in San Diego. They are great at cleanup! If you can't get them where you are, Bill may be able to hook you up! You get great service with Bill!

Best wishes!

April
08-27-2009, 06:39 PM
i have them. i can get them at all times. they do show little goldish fins..like the sterbai. nice looking albinos. mine do come from singapore. i get them transhipped. but..im in canada. : ) so cant help you .

Apistomaster
09-01-2009, 02:01 AM
A fairly high % of Albino Sterbai are shorter than normal wild types.
This defect also occurs among many TR Normal Colored Sterbai but at a lower rate.

FYI beginning Corydoras sterbai breeders.
They may begin spawning as early as 9 months old but most(~85%) of their eggs will fungus. Their fertility improves considerably by the time they reach 2years old. So don't think you are not doing something wrong when young breeders produce eggs with low hatch rates.