PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Aquaripure?

akumastew
08-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi Guys

What are you water guru's thoughts on the Aquaripure Nitrate Remover system?

http://www.aquaripure.com/index.htm

Stew

PS I did not find any discussion on this using the search function.

akumastew
08-31-2009, 02:04 PM
No-one?

kaceyo
08-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Most discus aquariums get frequent wc's which makes a denitrating filter un-necessary. The planted tanks, which recieve fewer wc's, use the plants themselves to reduce nitrates so again, these types of filters aren't needed.
IMO, the best tanks for discus are little more than a box of water with a heater and a simple biofilter.
There may be some Hi-Tec planted tank people here that could give you a different viewpoint. Try posting in the planted section.

Kacey

Chad Hughes
08-31-2009, 04:21 PM
That seems to me like a really high priced nitrate reactor. That being said, these are not the simplest pieces of equipment. They require frequent monitoring and also need "fed". I hear they take months to "seed". IMHO a planted tank is much more efficient PLUS you get to enjoy a natural looking aquarium.

Just my $.02!

Best wishes!

akumastew
09-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

After been out of the hobby for a long time, there is so many new fangled thingies out there for me to look at.

Thanks again,

Stew

moik
09-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Just feed a variety of good foods and change water very regulary,,keep it simple and consistant...No need for fancy gadgets

tcyiu
09-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Just feed a variety of good foods and change water very regulary,,keep it simple and consistant...No need for fancy gadgets

And if you do want to play around with gadgets, no need for expensive ...

There are quite a few DIY posts here relating to nitrate removal. Seek and ye shall find.

Tim

akumastew
10-07-2009, 09:39 PM
So I have a bonus coming from work.

I am planning on purchasing one for my main show tank.

And using my QT tank as a control experiment.

I dont want to hurt any fish...

Do you think as long as the ammonia, nitrite, nitrates etc stay at zero, I wont be hurting the fish to run this experiment (in the name of science).? What else are we removing via W/C? I have a full testing lab that I can use at work, but I need to know what to look for. I have full HPMLC/MS and GC/MS available. Just dont tell the boss. ;)

I plan on buying a number of Discus, and leaving half in QT tank vs show tank and comparing the results.

Thoughts?

yeaboyt
11-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Hi Stew, here's a link to an Aquaripure forum. I haven't read it all yet.

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquaripure/

Chad H. is correct that a planted tank is very satisfying and natural (his planted tanks are awesome BTW!) but as many others on this forum have stated, a planted tank is another beast unto itself. If you've never kept a planted tank before the Aquaripure could be a good option.