PDA

View Full Version : Blood worms

traversediscus
08-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Can anybody help out?

I am looking for the best deals out there on frozen bloodworms. I use Hikari and would prefer to stay that way.

Anybody know of any good bulk deals out there?

Thanks

Barry

Jhhnn
09-01-2009, 01:31 AM
I ordered a mixed 10lb batch from Drs F&S awhile back. Still frozen when it arrived, and I ended up with about a zillion freezer gel paks in the bargain. A lot cheaper than locally, although I notice they've upped the price of spirulina brine shrimp considerably...

seanyuki
09-01-2009, 10:03 AM
You could try Dan (Aquatic Foods) also a sponsor here...great prices too plus you coulkd try out some live California Black Worms

http://aquaticfoods.com/frozenfoods.html

Ken Menard (Kenfish.com) also sells FBW.

http://www.kensfish.com/

There are online sites like Dr.Foster & Pets....etc

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/fish-supplies/pr/c/3578

DanCBW
09-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Re: Any good Deals on Hikari Bloodworms?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll offer,

15 packs of 16oz flat pack Hikari Bio Pure Bloodworms @ $ 130.00
25 packs of 16oz flat pack Hikari Bio Pure Bloodworms @ $ 190.00

All S & H included, shipped via Fed Ex to your door.
Payment by PayPal.

Dan
blkworm@aol.com

Aquatic Foods
559-289-3710

kaceyo
09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I just recieved an order of BW's from Dan. The price is great and they came in frozen solid. What more could you want?

Kacey

allan_mark76
09-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey Dan how long is that offer going to last??? Sorry I'm a little broke right now. Please let us know.

Thanks.

~AKA~

DanCBW
09-01-2009, 10:13 PM
It should be good for a while, unless either Hikari
or FedEx have any increases.
We don't visit the forums every day so
if any postings from us can be bumped every so
often that would help all of us.
Any one with any questions can email
me to blkworm@aol.com

Allan_Mark,
When were you thinking of a possible order.
To SD would be less due to less freight.

thanks everyone for the support,
Simply Members have been great
to my Dad and I.

Jennifer
blkworm@aol.com
aquaticfoods.com

allan_mark76
09-03-2009, 03:35 AM
That's one really, really good deal. I'll be calling you after Memorial weekend.

Thanks Jennifer.

~AKA~

bs6749
09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Can anybody help out?

I am looking for the best deals out there on frozen bloodworms. I use Hikari and would prefer to stay that way.

Anybody know of any good bulk deals out there?

Thanks

Barry

I have used Oregon Desert frozen bloodworms before and they work well. You can get a case of 56lbs (1 lb flats) shipped to your closest airport for ~$270 or less. When I got a quote from them it was less than $4.75 per flat with shipping included.

I know you said that you wanted to stick with Hikari, but I've had success with the OD brand. I don't really have room for that many worms right now and I'm thinking of putting in an order with Dan because I do like the extra protection that Hikari provides with their triple sterilization process. He has the best prices around on Hikari bloodworms.

Discus-Hans
09-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Be safe, take Hikari, cheaper is not always cheap at the end,

Hans

Jhhnn
09-03-2009, 10:51 PM
If anybody in or near Denver wants to share an order, PM me... please.

DanCBW
09-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Re: Any good Deals on Hikari Bloodworms?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll offer,

( we dropped this another 10.00 from a few months ago)

Payment by PayPal.

Any one with any questions can email
me direct to blkworm@aol.com

Jennifer
blkworm@aol.com
Aquatic Foods
559-289-3710

Apistomaster
09-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Dan is offering a very good deal on Hikari frozen blood worms.
I doubt a better deal can be found.

I buy the 56 lbs lots of the oregondesertbrineshrimp frozen blood worms twice a year and they have been fine. I keep and breed very rare and expensive fish which I would not risk on any inferior product. I know I evaluate the risks/benefits less conservatively than some and Hikari has an excellent product and emphasizes their "sterilization" method through their pervasive ad campaigns which relieves the anxieties many have. Even so, some are afraid to use any frozen blood worms or live California Black Worms. I have been buying from them in these quantities for the past 4 years and have not found them to be inferior.

I buy all my California Black Worms from Dan because I believe he has the best quality.
I buy the other brand of frozen blood worms because I am cheap.

I buy most of my prepared foods, which are expensive aquaculture breeding stock conditioning foods, from www.aquaticeco.com. They are inexpensive relative to name brand tropical fish foods.
These are primarily earth worm sticks, flakes and Spirulina Sticks. These are also fed to my Discus but they are particularly valuable to me in my Hypancistrus spp, Peckoltia sp and Loricariidae Catfish breeding projects. Many of these species are no longer allowed to collected and exported from Brazil so it has become more than just a for money project but one of contributing to the species maintenance so they remain available in the hobby.

Darrell Ward
09-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Dan is offering a very good deal on Hikari frozen blood worms.
I doubt a better deal can be found.

I buy the 56 lbs lots of the oregondesertbrineshrimp frozen blood worms twice a year and they have been fine. I keep and breed very rare and expensive fish which I would not risk on any inferior product. I know I evaluate the risks/benefits less conservatively than some and Hikari has an excellent product and emphasizes their "sterilization" method through their pervasive ad campaigns which relieves the anxieties many have. Even so, some are afraid to use any frozen blood worms or live California Black Worms. I have been buying from them in these quantities for the past 4 years and have not found them to be inferior.

I buy all my California Black Worms from Dan because I believe he has the best quality.
I buy the other brand of frozen blood worms because I am cheap.

I buy most of my prepared foods, which are expensive aquaculture breeding stock conditioning foods, from www.aquaticeco.com. They are inexpensive relative to name brand tropical fish foods.
These are primarily earth worm sticks, flakes and Spirulina Sticks. These are also fed to my Discus but they are particularly valuable to me in my Hypancistrus spp, Peckoltia sp and Loricariidae Catfish breeding projects.

I prefer the California Blackworms from Dan to any frozen bloodworm, although I do use both. I don't have any proof or data, but I think the live blackworms have got to be superior in nutrition. I also have used foods from aquaticeco. I have never found a fish that wouldn't eat their earth worm sticks, even though you may have to break them up for small fish.

Apistomaster
09-08-2009, 06:14 PM
The earth worm and Spirulina sticks also turn to a mush of fine grained particls which is what makes them so useful to me because my catfish fry or even discus fry for that matter, have no trouble eating them.

I have only one species which does not care much for the earth worm sticks and that is Parotocinclus cf epplyei. This diminutive species, (~1" adult size) is a dedicated algae eater,
They only eat Spiulina sticks. It only takes about 3 sticks, after they have become mush, expand to several times the volume of the dry sticks, to feed my group of 16-18 specimens.
I feed them an earth worm stick once in awhile for their own good.

allan_mark76
09-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Jennifer PM'd you.

Thanks.

~AKA~

Jhhnn
09-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Bump for the deal on frozen Hikari BW.

Jhhnn
10-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Bump again for the deal- blkrob & I split an order, couldn't be happier with it...

Cooldadddyfunk286
10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Id be interested in trying to feed my fish some CBWs....Iv never tried them before, but heard they are great for discus...are the live? are they free of any nasties? Im kinda weary to try them, but I would love to give a kick-start to my fishs growth or spawning. I think some live food would be cool for them. Iv been thinkin of hatching my own brine shrimp also. hmmmm

seanyuki
10-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi Jason.....those California Blackworms are alive and very little maintenance.....I got mine from Dan (Aquatic Foods) also a sponsor here.

below the link..... how to care for them.

http://www.aquaticfoods.com/blackwormcare.html

Jhhnn
10-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Another bump- still a good deal.

allan_mark76
04-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Are these prices still valid?

Dan/Jennifer can you please let us all know?

Thanks.

~AKA~

DanCBW
04-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes everyone,
this offer is still good to all Simply members.
With a lot in stock, in fact I'll add to the offer.

I'll offer,

15 packs of 16oz flat pack assorted Hikari Frozen Foods @ $130.00
25 packs of 16oz flat pack assorted Hikari Frozen Foods @ $190.00

Assorted can consist of Hikari Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, Krill, Mysis Shrimp and Plankton, Also you can add 8 oz Piscine Energetics MYSIS SHRIMP

Payment by PayPal.

Jennifer
Aquatic Foods
559-289-3710