PDA

View Full Version : 3 months later...

Sandip
09-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Here I post some pictures of my discus babies 3 months after I have posted the first set of pictures.
In the last 3 months, most of them have doubled in size from 2inch+ to 4inch+. Sizes include the tail.
Here is a link to the entire album:

http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab186/sandipan/SMelon_Discus_3months/SMelon_Discus_6months/

Here I post some selected photos taken from the above album:

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab186/sandipan/SMelon_Discus_3months/SMelon_Discus_6months/049-1.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab186/sandipan/SMelon_Discus_3months/SMelon_Discus_6months/072-1.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab186/sandipan/SMelon_Discus_3months/SMelon_Discus_6months/106-1.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab186/sandipan/SMelon_Discus_3months/SMelon_Discus_6months/102-1.jpg

Do kindly comment, irrespective of the fact that you like them or not.

For those who have not seen my previous thread, here is the link to the album which contains the pictures of the fishes taken 3 months ago:
http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab186/sandipan/SMelon_Discus_3months/

dpt8
09-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Great work. I especialluy like the pic of all the gold mellons grouped together..Nice fish. David T

Eddie
09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
They look beautiful, nice color and shape! Great work!

Eddie

poconogal
09-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Beautiful, you're doing a good job with them. I particularly like that group shot, gorgeous!

Disgirl
09-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Good looking and healthy beauties you have!
Barb :)

Sandip
09-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Thank you all.
Credit also must go to the person who bred these beauties with such wonderful genes. His name is Shiva Niar.

Sandip
09-02-2009, 09:15 AM
They look beautiful, nice color and shape! Great work!

Eddie

It feels nice to know that you like them.
Remember Eddie, three months back when I posted their pictures here and asked about their potential? You were the first person to tell me that they have good potential. I trusted your words and worked hard to give them the best possible water condition and food.

I must say that I am indebted to SimplyDiscus and its members for the enormous amount of knowledge that I gathered by going through thousands of pages of discus related info. And the result of that knowledge gathering is now for everyone to see.;)

Eddie
09-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Remember Eddie, three months back when I posted their pictures here and asked about their potential? You were the first person to tell me that they have good potential. I trusted your words and worked hard to give them the best possible water condition and food.

I must say that I am indebted to SimplyDiscus and its members for the enormous amount of knowledge that I gathered by going through thousands of pages of discus related info. And the result of that knowledge gathering is now for everyone to see.;)

Oh I remember and you are definitely doing an amazing job with them. And no matter what, the breeder gives you a piece of clay, you are the one who shapes that clay! ;) Soon they will be breeding and that will be the next chapter!

Take care,

Eddie

Sandip
09-02-2009, 09:54 AM
I really don't want them to start breeding, since I simply do not have the time to take care of a breeding pair and its fries.:(

tcyiu
09-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Wowee. Awesome. Nice job growing out the babies.

I love these "before and after" stories.

Tim

seanyuki
09-02-2009, 10:20 PM
great looking discus and very nice shape too.
thanks for sharing.

Scribbles
09-02-2009, 11:16 PM
They look great! You are doing a wonderful job with them.

Chris

DiscusKeeper403
09-02-2009, 11:25 PM

They look good but do you have any side shots?

rickztahone
09-03-2009, 02:58 AM

click the first link he posted. there are a few there

Sandip
09-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Wowee. Awesome. Nice job growing out the babies.

I love these "before and after" stories.

Tim

Thank you Tim.
My fishes are just 6.5 months old. So you surely will get more of these before and after stories. I will keep SD updated. Will again post pictures when they are of 10 months age.

Sandip
09-03-2009, 08:13 AM

Hi Conor,
I could not understand your request. May you kindly explain what you meant by side shots? If you click on the first link that I have posted, then you will find all kinds of shots taken from all possible angles.

DiscusKeeper403
09-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Conor,
I could not understand your request. May you kindly explain what you meant by side shots? If you click on the first link that I have posted, then you will find all kinds of shots taken from all possible angles.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Thanks for the link, didn't see that before. They look great!

wadewc
09-03-2009, 01:23 PM
They look real nice. Great job raising them. I really like the group shot.

Wade

Eddie
09-05-2009, 01:43 AM
I really don't want them to start breeding, since I simply do not have the time to take care of a breeding pair and its fries.:(

No worries, you don't have to breed them. ;)

Take care and best with them,

Eddie

Islesfan
09-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Really nice fish, you've done a nice job with them. I especially like the group shot also.

Mike