PDA

View Full Version : CLOUT????

dean9922
09-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi there, I lost a few juvies in my 100 gallon for no apparent reason, other then it was about 8-9 days between water changes instead of every 2nd day 50%.
Fish do not "seem" sick, however, I ordered in CLOUT

My question is, has anyone used this product . Just did about a 70% water change and treated the tank with this product. It says on the bottle you just have to treat once, but if fish are not better, treat the 2nd day.

I should mention I have never treated for flukes or anything. My biggest discus is just about 3 inches and the smallest is around 2 inches. Just wondering if anyone has any info on using this medicine. Thanks a lot in advance.
Dean

Eddie
09-03-2009, 10:43 PM
losing fish from a change in your water change routine is not really justification for medication. reverting back to your normal water change routine may have fixed the issue. you may have had a build up of ammonia/nitrite and even high nitrates can have a negative affect on fish.

clout is a tough med, effective but has too many components that cannot be controlled. Malachite Green, Metronidazole and Trichlorfon. With those 3 chemicals, what is it that you are trying to eradicate? If treating for flukes, trichlorfon alone would be the better option.

Eddie

dean9922
09-03-2009, 11:12 PM
You are probably right Eddie....do you or anyone else post what is good for "different symptoms or actual sicknesses" and the names of the medicine. I've only been back into discus around 6 months now I guess. I have a place I could buy meds from
but they do not tell you what different things fix. I don't like the "typical meds" you would buy at your LFS and half the time they don't know what you are even talking about. I think this would be good to post maybe the top 10 medicines to have on hand. Thanks again Eddie
Dean

Eddie
09-03-2009, 11:30 PM
You are probably right Eddie....do you or anyone else post what is good for "different symptoms or actual sicknesses" and the names of the medicine. I've only been back into discus around 6 months now I guess. I have a place I could buy meds from
but they do not tell you what different things fix. I don't like the "typical meds" you would buy at your LFS and half the time they don't know what you are even talking about. I think this would be good to post maybe the top 10 medicines to have on hand. Thanks again Eddie
Dean

Alot of really vital information can be found in the sticky's of almost every section on the forum, especially the disease/treatment section.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=26819

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=48693

HTH

Eddie

Daniella
09-07-2009, 01:24 AM
wow, that seem like a long time to skip water changes. Are you sure there was no ammonia or nitrites, what about nitrates? young discus are very sensitive to this.

I used Clout and my fish did not seem to have any adverse effect from it. My female melon even spawned on the second day of the treatment and the eggs hatched and produced free swimming fry.

The flukes did not eradicate with it though but what makes you think you have flukes? I would suspect the water quality if you did not do the water change routine and started to lose fish. Especialy if the fish die suddendly without showing any sing of illness, as with flukes it is not that quick. The fish will breath fast for sometimes, even a few days. I had young 2 inches fishes infested with flukes and they breathed fast for 4 days without dying until I found a treatment that worked. It is quite easy to see when fishes are infested with flukes, at least for young fish as they breath fast and often from one gill.

Hi there, I lost a few juvies in my 100 gallon for no apparent reason, other then it was about 8-9 days between water changes instead of every 2nd day 50%.
Fish do not "seem" sick, however, I ordered in CLOUT

My question is, has anyone used this product . Just did about a 70% water change and treated the tank with this product. It says on the bottle you just have to treat once, but if fish are not better, treat the 2nd day.

I should mention I have never treated for flukes or anything. My biggest discus is just about 3 inches and the smallest is around 2 inches. Just wondering if anyone has any info on using this medicine. Thanks a lot in advance.
Dean