PDA

View Full Version : ViaAqua MillionAir Air pumps

j_li8
09-07-2009, 03:00 AM
I just bought a ViaAqua MillionAir Air Pump today to replace the one that died on me a few weeks ago and get rid of the temporary one i was using because it was extremely loud. My over all impression is its a good air pump but lacks the air output power. The rating for the one i got was for 30-50 gallons and seems on the weak side as im using it for 2 sponge filters in about 40 gallons of water.

Pros:

Very quiet, even when sitting on a wooden shelf
Small in terms of size
Reasonably priced
Adjustable out put level and double outlets (both depending on pump size)

Cons:

Power rating isn't accurate even when turned all the way up. I would suggest anyone who is looking to get one to use a pump one rating higher the the recommened size.

Eddie
09-07-2009, 03:11 AM
I just bought a ViaAqua MillionAir Air Pump today to replace the one that died on me a few weeks ago and get rid of the temporary one i was using because it was extremely loud. My over all impression is its a good air pump but lacks the air output power. The rating for the one i got was for 30-50 gallons and seems on the weak side as im using it for 2 sponge filters in about 40 gallons of water.

Pros:

Very quiet, even when sitting on a wooden shelf
Small in terms of size
Reasonably priced
Adjustable out put level and double outlets (both depending on pump size)

Cons:

Power rating isn't accurate even when turned all the way up. I would suggest anyone who is looking to get one to use a pump one rating higher the the recommened size.

Hey Joe, how much was it. Reason being, you can pick up the Azoo 9500 for like 8 bucks here.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=73093

Only con is that its not as quiet as some pumps but its got massive air! 2 outlets and an adjustable control knob.

Take care and thanks for posting the review!

Eddie

j_li8
09-07-2009, 03:27 AM
No problem Eddie.

The one i got was $15+tax. I guess my comparison is relative to the blue tetra whisper air pumps. I think saw some earlier for about $10 online i would have to check again.