PDA

View Full Version : Eddie is contagious

kirkp
09-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Some of you may remember me talking about my fathers day present of two leopards and a turq. The largest leopard turned out to be a female that was seriously lookin' for some loving but couldn't get any satisfaction. I think all together she's spawned about 6 times and the last few the other leopard kept the turq away but only because he wanted the fresh caviar to himself. The last time it was evident he truly was a he but he still had no interest in spawning. Sooooo, I get home tonight and do my feeding rounds and noticed that the female looked a little dark. I went to the tank to see if she might be getting ready to serve up some more caviar and knock me over with a stick but there's about 50 eggs on the sponge filter uplift tube and the male leopard was fanning and guarding the them. Looks like maybe there's about 10 that are infertile but so far the others look good. Now I'm in a quandary about what to do with the leopard. They've been in quarantine the entire time and I've been slow about doing anything with them over concerns about putting them in the 180 with the others. And of course, as fate would have it, I've got 4 BDs coming in about a week. I guess I'll let it play out for a few days to see if any of the eggs are fertile but I may have to take the plunge and move the turq over.

Wish me luck.
Kirk

mmorris
09-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Best of luck, Kirk. :) What is Eddie contagious with?

Scribbles
09-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Best of luck with them.

Chris

David Rose
09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Definitely an exciting time and memorable... best of luck and enjoy the experience!

lkevin
09-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Eddie is contagious because love is in the air...

Eddie
09-09-2009, 10:15 PM
LOL Kirk, not me....the fish. :D

Thats excellent news and wishing you tons of luck.

Take care buddy!

Eddie

kirkp
09-09-2009, 11:51 PM
LOL Yeah, I should have said that Eddie's fish are contagious. We'll see how it goes but so far they are both doing a good job of fanning and guarding the eggs. Unfortunately, they're all in a 20 gal tank so if the eggs do hatch, things could get very interesting.

Kirk

Eddie
09-09-2009, 11:57 PM
LOL Yeah, I should have said that Eddie's fish are contagious. We'll see how it goes but so far they are both doing a good job of fanning and guarding the eggs. Unfortunately, they're all in a 20 gal tank so if the eggs do hatch, things could get very interesting.

Kirk

Well best of luck my friend!

Eddie

mmorris
09-10-2009, 02:18 PM
LOL Yeah, I should have said that Eddie's fish are contagious. Kirk

LOL I bet Eddie likes this even better! :D

kirkp
09-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh well, it was all for naught. I went downstairs this morning and all the eggs were white and I expected they would be. Why should I be lucky enough for a pair to work things out on the first try. Isn't part of the initiation that you have to be traumatized for a bit first? :) Hey, at least I'm pleased I got a pair that was attentively guarding and fanning the eggs the entire time.

Kirk

Eddie
09-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh well, it was all for naught. I went downstairs this morning and all the eggs were white and I expected they would be. Why should I be lucky enough for a pair to work things out on the first try. Isn't part of the initiation that you have to be traumatized for a bit first? :) Hey, at least I'm pleased I got a pair that was attentively guarding and fanning the eggs the entire time.

Kirk

Hey Kirk, all in good time my friend. Wishing you the best!

Eddie