PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!

stephcps
09-10-2009, 08:47 PM
So on Tuesday I woke to my BD being bloated and swimming upside down. By the time I added epsom salt and set up the QT tank he was dead. Everyone else seemed ok. Been upping the water changes, etc. last night one of the red turqs started hiding. Tonight I am seeing white poop. He also has not been eating too great. Everyone else has though.

I am going to treat with metro. I have some angels plus anti-protozoan flake.

What else should I do?

Increase temp? I am at 86. How high should I go?

Thanks everyone!

Steph

Discus-Hans
09-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Put some white poo under a microscope, you probably see what's going on and give the meds your Discus really need,

Hans

Eddie
09-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Go with 82F and just keep feeding the fish the Metro Flake. If there is something bacteria that is infecting the fish, higher temps with allow the bacteria to multiply faster. Extra air is always good too.

HTH
Eddie

rickztahone
09-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Go with 82F and just keep feeding the fish the Metro Flake. If there is something bacteria that is infecting the fish, higher temps with allow the bacteria to multiply faster. Extra air is always good too.

HTH
Eddie

quick question Eddie, is white poop ever indicative of a bacterial infection?

Eddie
09-11-2009, 03:42 AM
quick question Eddie, is white poop ever indicative of a bacterial infection?

Can be, can be a number of things to include nematodes. Many times, fish can develop internal infection from one or the other (nematodes, flagellates).

Eddie