PDA

View Full Version : WTB-SM. Discus

jasoneri
09-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Looking for sm. discus. I'm trying to fill up a 125gal and don't really have the money to buy the size I would like to. I would prefer somewhere in Michigan.
Thanks

Chad Hughes
09-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Looking for sm. discus. I'm trying to fill up a 125gal and don't really have the money to buy the size I would like to. I would prefer somewhere in Michigan.
Thanks

You are going to have a hard time filing up that huge tank with small discus. Do you have a smaller tank that you cuold grow fry out in and then move them to the big tank? I would not recommend putting baby discus in a tank that large unless you are going to buy 100 of them.

If you are truly interested in fry for grow out, Bill with Inland Empire Discus has a huge amount of fry and has great shipping rates. I realize that he is not local, but he's the man when it comes to fry.

All the best!

jasoneri
09-23-2009, 06:14 PM
It's going to be community tank/grow out. I have baby rays I'm growing out also.

traversediscus
09-23-2009, 06:27 PM
It's going to be community tank/grow out. I have baby rays I'm growing out also.

Where in Michigan are you?

Elite Aquaria
09-24-2009, 08:18 AM
I am not in Michigan but I have some smaller discus for sale...Please check out my sponsor section ===> http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=73718

jasoneri
09-24-2009, 08:18 AM
I am in Saginaw. But would be willing to drive somewhere.

Jhhnn
09-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Bill Palumbo of Chicago is advertising in the for sale/ for trade section of the forum. Pretty long drive. Or see what they have at Choice Aquariums/ Great Lakes Discus in Farmington Hills. A lot closer- pricier, too, I suspect.

Might actually be a better buy to have fish shipped in from one of our sponsors. Several members have been pleased w/ small fish acquired from Inland Empire Discus, for example. Never dealt with 'em, myself- I just save my money, buy from Kenny Cheung...

jasoneri
10-07-2009, 09:02 AM
bump

dpt8
10-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I agree with Chad. Baby discus in a 125 gl. are going to be so intimidated that they will be hiding all the time. You should go with a dozen 4.5" Worth the invstment.. They will feel more secure in a school and will eat a LOT better, plus they'll be able to find their food.. In a few weeks you'll be posting that your discus are hiding and not eating if you buy babies..