PDA

View Full Version : I HATE UNITED

Eddie
09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Man, here is another example of my kind of luck. First flight from SEATAC to San Jose on the 13th, cancelled so they had to rebook us on Alaska. So I thought, well..."S" happens and was not too bugged about it. Now today, our returning flight from San Francisco to SEATAC just cancelled. We have a 6 hour layover in SF now and barely gonna get to our connecting flight in SEATAC to return to Okinawa. First they said there were no flights at all! Let me tell you.....I almost went through the roof! In the future, I am NEVER, EVER, EVER taking United Airlines. They are junk.....GGGRRRRRRR :mad:

Had to vent

Eddie

Chad Hughes
09-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Eddie,

Here I thought you were flying AMC. Sorry to hear about your travels with United. I use them all the time for flights to Bahrain. LIke you said, "S" happens! These days it seems that "S" happens more often than not with air travel.

Hang in there!

frenchie100
09-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Hey, that's what we are here for!! Sorry to hear your trip back is so hectic!

Travelling with Alex to France was NOT fun, especially on the plane. I don't know how your little guy is handling it, but I remember my husband and I telling eachother we just wanted to be home already!

Good luck, it will soon be all over :D!

How far is Kenny from you? :p

Julie :D

frenchie100
09-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Eddie,

Here I thought you were flying AMC. Sorry to hear about your travels with United. I use them all the time for flights to Bahrain. LIke you said, "S" happens! These days it seems that "S" happens more often than not with air travel.

Hang in there!

You are totally right Chad! I remember when I used to fly from Geneva to Jeddah, it was awesome! Nowadays, I feel like there are always problems, whether it is delays, service, the food, you name it!

It is just not the quality it used to be. :(

Julie :)

Eddie
09-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Eddie,

Hang in there!

Oh I'm flying AMC from SEATAC to Okinawa Chad. United is the weak link in this trip. What a drag.

Eddie

Hey, that's what we are here for!! Sorry to hear your trip back is so hectic!

Travelling with Alex to France was NOT fun, especially on the plane. I don't know how your little guy is handling it, but I remember my husband and I telling eachother we just wanted to be home already!

Good luck, it will soon be all over :D!

How far is Kenny from you? :p

Julie :D

Thanks Julie

My son is dream to travel with, its my 10 year old daughter that is more of a pain. LOL I have never heard the words "I want" more in my life. At the moment, she is pretty much grounded from even speaking...until we get home!

I am not too sure how far Kenny is from the Airport. That would be cool to check him out but not trucking the whole fam there. LOL :o

Eddie

Chad Hughes
09-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh I'm flying AMC from SEATAC to Okinawa Chad. United is the weak link in this trip. What a drag.

Eddie

Thanks Julie

My son is dream to travel with, its my 10 year old daughter that is more of a pain. LOL I have never heard the words "I want" more in my life. At the moment, she is pretty much grounded from even speaking...until we get home!

I am not too sure how far Kenny is from the Airport. That would be cool to check him out but not trucking the whole fam there. LOL :o

Eddie

Eddie

Sorry to hear this! I hate getting stuck in airports. I once got stuck in Chicago for 9 hours in the snow on New Years Eve. Needles to say, I missed the new year. Another time I was stuck at Narita (mainland Japan) for over 8 hours thanks to Defense Travel Service. LOL! What can you do? I say get on line and chat on the forums! LOL!

Stay cool!

Eddie
09-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Eddie

Sorry to hear this! I hate getting stuck in airports. I once got stuck in Chicago for 9 hours in the snow on New Years Eve. Needles to say, I missed the new year. Another time I was stuck at Narita (mainland Japan) for over 8 hours thanks to Defense Travel Service. LOL! What can you do? I say get on line and chat on the forums! LOL!

Stay cool!

Sounds like a great plan! Computer+Internet=SimplyDiscus LOL

Narita is always a long layover stop when I transit through there. Its not so bad, I just can't wait to get all the way home. Bet my fish are pissed OFF! LOL

Eddie

Chad Hughes
09-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Sounds like a great plan! Computer+Internet=SimplyDiscus LOL

Narita is always a long layover stop when I transit through there. Its not so bad, I just can't wait to get all the way home. Bet my fish are pissed OFF! LOL

Eddie

You got it! You have to admit that at least there are more things to do in an airport these days than there were years ago. LOL!

I'd be pissed too if I went form 100% daily water changes to nothing. LOL! I'm sure they'll be glad to see you!

Eddie
09-23-2009, 05:51 PM
You got it! You have to admit that at least there are more things to do in an airport these days than there were years ago. LOL!

I'd be pissed too if I went form 100% daily water changes to nothing. LOL! I'm sure they'll be glad to see you!

Plus no feedings AT ALL! I had the juvenile tank being autofed once a day with a very very small amount. Hope all of them are okay. I didn't even have someone check on them, as I didn't want any bad news while I was away. LOL

As long as there is internet, all airports have something to do!

Eddie

Chad Hughes
09-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Plus no feedings AT ALL! I had the juvenile tank being autofed once a day with a very very small amount. Hope all of them are okay. I didn't even have someone check on them, as I didn't want any bad news while I was away. LOL

As long as there is internet, all airports have something to do!

Eddie

Well I guess no feedings is bettwer than some, then you have water quality issues. I know what you mean. Ignorance is bliss? LOL!

The internet has certainly changed the airport. LOL!

Disgirl
09-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Tough luck Eddie and family! But soon it will be behind you. Last time I flew, I had two things happen. About to touch down in SF and all of a sudden the pilot pulled up and we zoomed almost straight up. He came on the intercom and said another plane landed crossway right in front of him. We almost perished. Then a few days later, leaving San Diego, we sat on the plane for 3 hrs. while they tried to fix a leak in a fuel tank, refueled it, emptied it, more repair, refilled again and still leaking. All the while the plane was full of passengers and sitting at the gate. Finally they let us off and told us to go rebook another flight. I ended up spending the night near the airport and getting home 24 hrs. after I should have. I guess anyone who travels has their horror stories :D. Hang in there and let us know when you get home to your fish!
Barb :)

Chad Hughes
09-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Eddie,

I hate to say this, but the next terrible thing that COULD happen is they lose your luggage. Count your blessings! :D

Eddie
09-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Tough luck Eddie and family! But soon it will be behind you. Last time I flew, I had two things happen. About to touch down in SF and all of a sudden the pilot pulled up and we zoomed almost straight up. He came on the intercom and said another plane landed crossway right in front of him. We almost perished. Then a few days later, leaving San Diego, we sat on the plane for 3 hrs. while they tried to fix a leak in a fuel tank, refueled it, emptied it, more repair, refilled again and still leaking. All the while the plane was full of passengers and sitting at the gate. Finally they let us off and told us to go rebook another flight. I ended up spending the night near the airport and getting home 24 hrs. after I should have. I guess anyone who travels has their horror stories :D. Hang in there and let us know when you get home to your fish!
Barb :)

Oh Barb, I'll keep my fingers crossed this doesn't happen to us! :( I'll definitely let everyone know when I get back, but not before I knock out some water changes and feeding on all the tanks! ;)

Eddie,

I hate to say this, but the next terrible thing that COULD happen is they lose your luggage. Count your blessings! :D

Dude..Chad.....don't jinx me. At this point, I don't give 2 "S"s about my luggage, just as long as I get home to live fish....I'm all good.

Eddie

rdzralph
09-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Funny, I just had vendor call me and ask me if we can reschedule our meeting because united canceled two of his flights. Wow their on a roll!

Eddie
09-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Funny, I just had vendor call me and ask me if we can reschedule our meeting because united canceled two of his flights. Wow their on a roll!

Guess United better just roll over and let a decent airline take there place, if there is such an airline. ;)

Eddie

Scribbles
09-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry about all the trouble Eddie. Have a safe trip home.

Chris

Eddie
09-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Sorry about all the trouble Eddie. Have a safe trip home.

Chris

Thanks Chris! Thanks again for that offer you made.

Take care,

Eddie

Scribbles
09-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks Chris! Thanks again for that offer you made.

Take care,

Eddie

Anytime. Mi casa es su casa.

Chris

joanr
09-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Although when you get home I'll bet your sponges will be cycled! Safe trip Eddie!

mkv
09-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Man!!!! I know how is like to be stuck on an aiport but I had to admit that last time was fun since I got stuck in RIO just a week before Carnival so I figured the heck with the airport. I call a hotel and a cab and enjoy a couple of days in the name of business!!!!!

TankWatcher
09-23-2009, 11:07 PM
What a hassle, Eddie. Your fish will be glad to see you soon.

Eddie
09-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks everyone, at the moment, its getting worse. I am waiting for Space Available at SEATAC with about 60 other people and there are only 8 seats available. Cross your fingers that I get picked!!!!

Eddie

Scribbles
09-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Good Luck.

Chris

Eddie
09-24-2009, 04:16 AM
Good Luck.

Chris

Thanks Chris, we were part of the last call. Still possible that duty passengers show up and get us bumped off. Space A is risky business but sometimes it can work in your favor. We'll see.....hopefully I'll be on the forum Thursday night, with good news.

Take care,

Eddie

TankWatcher
09-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Home safe & sound now. How are the discus? When do your new ones arrive?

Gee, your holiday flew past so quick. I was only thinking the other day "wonder if Eddie has left for his holiday" and here I read this thread and you are almost home.

Apart from the flight, hope it was all fun

Disgirl
09-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Welcome home Eddie! Hope all is well there, any eggs or wrigglers or even fry???
Barb :D

keef
09-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Glad you got home ok mate - what happened to those eggs from before you left?
PS - by your title I thought you meant you hated Manchester United!

Eddie
09-25-2009, 04:26 AM
Well, I did make it home. We were worried as more duty passengers were arriving as they called our names but it all worked out. It was a long journey but saved thousands of dollars using Space A travel. Sometimes it works in your favor and sometimes it doesn't. This time it did and I made it home to my fishes plus some fry! ;)

Take care everyone,

Eddie

rave 2468
09-25-2009, 05:51 AM
Good to hear u made it home safely.

Take care

Eddie
09-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Thanks Ryan, happy to be back!

Take care,

Eddie

TankWatcher
09-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Fry, that's so great. So where's the post with all the pictures.

SheTankerDiscusChick
10-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Man, here is another example of my kind of luck. First flight from SEATAC to San Jose on the 13th, cancelled so they had to rebook us on Alaska. So I thought, well..."S" happens and was not too bugged about it. Now today, our returning flight from San Francisco to SEATAC just cancelled. We have a 6 hour layover in SF now and barely gonna get to our connecting flight in SEATAC to return to Okinawa. First they said there were no flights at all! Let me tell you.....I almost went through the roof! In the future, I am NEVER, EVER, EVER taking United Airlines. They are junk.....GGGRRRRRRR :mad:

Had to vent

Eddie

OMG! Sorry to hear all your troubles, glad to hear your back safe. I had major problems (lost luggage, lay overs) with united 8 years ago. Not to mention a 9 hour flight to Germany seated next to a woman with a horribly fussy 2 yr and a crying baby. Then a few years later I flew to Vegas & all the same problems. Recently, I baught a package to Florida unaware we were flying United, and IT TOOK UNITED ALMOST 45 MINS TO FIND OUR RESERVATION! At first they were blaming it on my travel agent, but when the manager came out it was a different story. The manager made it clear that reservation was there all along, and that 3 out of 4 busy desk workers were new. errrr