PDA

View Full Version : Woooo Hooo check out this joint

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Check out my new 90 gallon finally set up, cycled, decored, and almost fully stocked....well worth the wait :D

Sooooooo excited!

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-23-2009, 08:12 PM
More pics in profile album... :D

I finally settled on a 90 gallon, no sump and no overflow. Eheim pro III canister filter, and highest watt Jager heater. Bare bottom and artificial plants for easy upkeep. 9 juvenile Discus, 6 Rams, 11 Rummy Nose, 6 baby Bristle Nose and 2 adult.

joanr
09-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Very chic chick, I like it!

Disgirl
09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Looks good! Nice and colorful and clean. I have my eye on some of that "wood" I have seen it locally at Petsmart. Lots of wc's and good foods will grow those discus large in no time! Good luck with it all!
Barb:)

David Rose
09-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Very nice... I agree with Barb, bright and colorful. Your Discus will be happy and partying all the time :D

Enjoy!

Peachtree Discus
09-24-2009, 09:13 AM
sweet tank. very nice use of colors. good job DC

TankWatcher
09-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Nice collection of discus. Your tank is looking good !

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-24-2009, 01:58 PM

Good tank? Any opinions? Any pointers?

This is my very first showtank...besides some goldfish 20-30 gal.
Sorry for the colors...I like pretty girly things

DISCUS USA
09-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Where did you get that calico ghost from? just curious..

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
All my babies except the Brilliant Blue are from Mathias at discusmadness.com, tell him Shetanker DiscusChick sent you :elvis:

Darrell Ward
09-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Good luck with the tank. I would add a second 250 watt Jager heater for safety though.

DiscusFreakaZoid
09-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Super Sik McNasty tank :antlers:

Darren's Discus
09-25-2009, 11:14 PM
tank and fish look great.

cheers

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-25-2009, 11:46 PM
I have my eye on some of that "wood" I have seen it locally at Petsmart.

Beware of that wood. I had one in my other tank and developed a major ammonia problem for some time. I finally realized the hollow fake wood was working as a collection plate...but not for money, it was collecting not so very nice things. If it wasn't for my strict monthly scrub down, I would have been changing water 2x's a day for the rest of my life! lol. The problem is that each branch is hollowed. For this new 90gal, lesson learned, I used some aquarium puddy to plug the log branches (you can kinda see the puddy in the hole), and my Pleco does the rest. If you buy the log...be sure to buy the puddy, and set some time aside for an art project. :(

DISCUS USA
09-26-2009, 12:16 AM
All my babies except the Brilliant Blue are from Mathias at discusmadness.com, tell him Shetanker DiscusChick sent you :elvis:

OOOOH ok cool thanks for that info.

discusluvr818
09-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Beautiful tank and fish. Thanks for sharing!!

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Beautiful tank and fish. Thanks for sharing!!

:D I love to talk Discus...sometimes I have to stop myself

Disgirl
09-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Beware of that wood. I had one in my other tank and developed a major ammonia problem for some time. I finally realized the hollow fake wood was working as a collection plate...but not for money, it was collecting not so very nice things. If it wasn't for my strict monthly scrub down, I would have been changing water 2x's a day for the rest of my life! lol. The problem is that each branch is hollowed. For this new 90gal, lesson learned, I used some aquarium puddy to plug the log branches (you can kinda see the puddy in the hole), and my Pleco does the rest. If you buy the log...be sure to buy the puddy, and set some time aside for an art project. :(

Thanks for the info on that log. I had wondered about all those holes and what might get in them. Now I know...

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Do you think these guys are a good size for age 12-14 weeks?

Cooldadddyfunk286
09-30-2009, 04:36 PM

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I had that same exact piece of fake wood, got it from dr foster smith. anyway it would just get full of smelly junk and nasty algae. didnt last too long in the tank! LOL. anytime I took it out to clean it, it just WREAKED of ammonia, bleehh!! :p

Disgirl
09-30-2009, 05:50 PM
I know EXACTLY what you mean! I had that same exact piece of fake wood, got it from dr foster smith. anyway it would just get full of smelly junk and nasty algae. didnt last too long in the tank! LOL. anytime I took it out to clean it, it just WREAKED of ammonia, bleehh!! :p

OK, I sure won't be getting that then! Glad I didn't already get it.
Barb

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-30-2009, 05:53 PM

Smelly for sure....had to hold my breathe! After it was removed, my tank water had no more odor.

SheTankerDiscusChick
09-30-2009, 05:55 PM
OK, I sure won't be getting that then! Glad I didn't already get it.
Barb

Another thing about that wood is after 2 scrubbings, the dark brown color comes off. Eventually It's gonna look like I have oak in my tank. lol

manitu
10-01-2009, 05:16 PM
sorry but i dont like youre tank but its personal preference

SheTankerDiscusChick
10-01-2009, 06:09 PM
sorry but i dont like youre tank but its personal preference

Don't Hate Homie...I know your jealous :D

seanyuki
10-01-2009, 06:55 PM
It's a very nice setup.......simple and colourful.
thanks for sharing.

SheTankerDiscusChick
10-01-2009, 08:37 PM
It's a very nice setup.......simple and colourful.
thanks for sharing.

I admire pics often on simply discus. Love to share. Mighty colorful, sorry about that...just trying something new for the new house.

Cooldadddyfunk286
10-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Smelly for sure....had to hold my breathe! After it was removed, my tank water had no more odor.

yep, I went thru the exact same thing with that piece of wood....i bought the smaller piece too LOL...they both had to go STAT! :p

I know what you mean about the color too. after I removed it from my tank I left it outside for a few days cuz it STUNK! and by then it was almost all white LOL. a buddy of mine took it for his NOT bare bottom tank...flipped it upside down, buried the top part and had the branches sticking up from the gravel...looked really cool, like a hand made of branches coming out of the gravel. works well in his setup. he loves discus, but doesn't really get too involved with the clean water and this and that...its too bad. hes got this amazing forrest red turk that I would kill for, its growing...very slowly but surely ;):D

SheTankerDiscusChick
10-02-2009, 09:48 PM
yep, I went thru the exact same thing with that piece of wood....i bought the smaller piece too LOL...they both had to go STAT! :p

I know what you mean about the color too. after I removed it from my tank I left it outside for a few days cuz it STUNK! and by then it was almost all white LOL. a buddy of mine took it for his NOT bare bottom tank...flipped it upside down, buried the top part and had the branches sticking up from the gravel...looked really cool, like a hand made of branches coming out of the gravel. works well in his setup. he loves discus, but doesn't really get too involved with the clean water and this and that...its too bad. hes got this amazing forrest red turk that I would kill for, its growing...very slowly but surely ;):D

Sounds awesome. I bet your friend & his fish were happy. I thought about removing it or flipping it, but my babies adore the wood just the way it is. The puddy seems to do the trick, as long as my Pleco resides there.