PDA

View Full Version : week 17 update

kirkp
10-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Thought it about time to post some pics I took during week 17. Fish are doing really well and eating like pigs. Even the one that got picky about flakes has shown more interest. Things haven't really change, temp at 86, pH at 7.4. Water changes are 50% at every other day or so. Just ordered some parts from Jehmco to get my water storage tank set up. Want to get that going and plan on upping the frequency.

Kirk

kirkp
10-01-2009, 12:56 AM
few more pics

Chad Hughes
10-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Looking good Kirk! Do you have one fish that is super light in color or is that just the lighting and the angle? That one fish looks like a pale yellow compared to the others in the photos. Great job with these guys!

Best wishes!

Scribbles
10-01-2009, 02:18 AM
Your discus look great! Good job!

Chris

kirkp
10-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the comments. While my fish are doing "okay", I can see that they pale in comparison to some of the other challenge members. Guess that means I need to step up to the plate before it's too late.

Chad, yes there is one that is a pale yellow. Not sure why.

Kirk

DiscusKev
10-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I was thinking the same too about the paleness...other than that nicely done kirk :)

wgtaylor
10-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the comments. While my fish are doing "okay", I can see that they pale in comparison to some of the other challenge members. Guess that means I need to step up to the plate before it's too late.

Chad, yes there is one that is a pale yellow. Not sure why.

Kirk

Hey Kirk, they look great, I have never seen so many variations in color as in these contest discus.
I really like the one pale version of yours, after all it's an albino right ! :D
As far as everything else goes, we are only down 4 months and 8 more months to go. I really think as
long as everyone's discus stays healthy they will all max out at their potential. Then it's a matter of who
drew the long straw will have the largest discus. You are doing an excellent job.
I really like the full tank shot. :)
Take care buddy,
Bill

pcsb23
10-01-2009, 05:16 PM
... I have never seen so many variations in color as in these contest discus....me either! Keep it up Kirk :)

calihawker
10-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I also have one that is pale yellow. Keep up the good work!

Armandi_Fishcarer
10-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Kirk, great pics. The Discus are coming along nicely, just keep up the feedings & w/c's & you'll be fine! :D

Regards
Ahmed ;)