PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the newbie

jsciacca
10-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Hello all,
quick info on me--
been in the hobby for about 20, addiction for about 8. TANKS--125 general SA/CA cichlid(really really wanting to convert to discus/community)(reason for joing)...115 african cichlid + my avatar(paratil bleekeri) 35 cube w/ wife's "cute" cheapies...and a 55 and 30 that i'm trying to sell. have a dog, 2 cats. live in middle TN, born NY. at the moment trying to research as much as i can on the king.

does anyone know of any breeders in the Nashville/knoxville area? I seen that a few LFS can get HANs discus, quality?

Thanks ahead of time
Jesse Sciacca

PS...NYG to the super bowl:D

akumastew
10-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi Jesse.

Welcome to the forums.

You will find all the information you need in these forums.

PS You mayeb could have put this in the community section of the forums. ;)

mkv
10-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Jesse:

Welcome to the forum, you will find out as I did that there is so much to learned about Discus. Read, ask, and you will enjoy them for many years....

roclement
10-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Welcome dude! That's a lot of water to change!!! This is the place for the right information, check the sponsor section for quality livestock and post as many questions as you can!!!

And to answer your question...Hans = quality

Rodrigo

White Worm
10-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Get your discus from one of the sponsors here. You will get a better discus for a better price.

jsciacca
10-03-2009, 11:33 AM
so is Stendker a sub company to hans? the LFS around here are sellers of Stendker but i got the Stendker name from the hans site

rickztahone
10-03-2009, 01:38 PM
so is Stendker a sub company to hans? the LFS around here are sellers of Stendker but i got the Stendker name from the hans site

from my understanding Hans is the only one that carries Stendker here in the US. check out Hans' site to verify that the LFS you are visiting does or does not carry Hans' Stendker's. here's his website:

http://www.discus-hans-usa.com/