PDA

View Full Version : Can you still use prime if you are using RO water just to be on the safe side?

wunroch
10-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I use RO water and then ad RO right. Water is aged in 55 gallon drum with heater and powerhead. I always worry what if my carbon block on the RO unit is exhausted. RO carbon blocks and membranes are known to wear out after several months. Could I still end up with chlorine and chloramine in the water barrel. Is it a good idea to still use Prime or Amquel Plus even if you are using RO water just in case your RO unit isn't functioning well? I would ad the Prime before I add the RO right. Like to hear some opinions

Eddie
10-06-2009, 10:08 PM
I use RO water and then ad RO right. Water is aged in 55 gallon drum with heater and powerhead. I always worry what if my carbon block on the RO unit is exhausted. RO carbon blocks and membranes are known to wear out after several months. Could I still end up with chlorine and chloramine in the water barrel. Is it a good idea to still use Prime or Amquel Plus even if you are using RO water just in case your RO unit isn't functioning well? I would ad the Prime before I add the RO right. Like to hear some opinions

I am pretty sure you can, as this is always good in event, as you mentioned. Better safe than sorry.

Eddie

Don Trinko
10-11-2009, 12:04 PM
It shouldn't hurt (shouldn't be neccisary either) but I think it will raise your TDS some. Don T.

Chad Hughes
10-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I always do. I never use straight RO, so you still have some tap in there. Better be safe than sory!

Best wishes!