PDA

View Full Version : Lost female in Breeding pair

crystalview
10-10-2009, 01:06 AM
I lost my male today. The female looks lost. If I got her another male would she choose him as a mate, What should I do?
What does a sexed male go for money wise?

Sorry for the first post mistake. I should have said I lost my male

Eddie
10-10-2009, 01:10 AM
You could probably check with any of the Sponsors. I am sure they could get you a confirmed female and if not, they are usually pretty good about picking a possible female. I am sorry you lost her, would you explain how?

Wish you the best,

Eddie

crystalview
10-10-2009, 01:19 AM
These were a pair I got in the mail, several days ago. I had seen them breed at my friends. She mailed them out without a heat pac and the bags leaked almost out. Even over night they were in sad shape, and very cold. I Drip acclimated them go the quarantine tank. The both were on their sides for a long while and the the female became a lot more perky. He never recovered. Wow is shipping so high $123 and I am short one fish. Gosh I hope I can find a sexed ID male
I don't want to have large fry, I just like to watch their antics. My fish are in my community tank, the fry disappear after a week or so.
I lost my very first pair in May when our privitely owned dam had chems added for the loads of rain we got. My fish are my comfort and peace. My deceased got the first pair several years, back when I had cancer the first time. Even my husband started to like them, now that he is home all the time. We have our tank right between our recliners so we watch the tank all the time.

Eddie
10-10-2009, 01:40 AM
These were a pair I got in the mail, several days ago. I had seen them breed at my friends. She mailed them out without a heat pac and the bags leaked almost out. Even over night they were in sad shape, and very cold. I Drip acclimated them and they were in a quarantine tank. The both were on their sides for a long while and the the female became a lot more perky. He never recovered. So now $123 shipping dollars later I am short one fish.
I don't want to have large fry, I just like to watch their antics.

Very sorry to hear, I am sure you could get a suitable mate from one of the sponsors.

All the best!

Eddie

Disgirl
10-10-2009, 07:34 AM
So sorry to hear of the loss. But don't give up and do look for a mate for your female. I 'm sure your tank between recliners must be so lovely to watch. Discus are worth all the work and worry to keep them well! Good luck and let us know about your next one, and ask for any help you may need.
Barb:)

John_Nicholson
10-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Next time don't drip them, just open the bags and put them in the tank. As long as your water is warm and clean they will be find. I am sure you can find a sponsor with a proven male, but the best way to get pairs is to grow out 6 to 8 2 inch fish. It takes a little longer, but it will work much better in the long run.

-john

crystalview
10-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks